Duke4.net Forums: News & Releases - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

News & Releases

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Including this as this is a new page:

View PostM210, on 27 July 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Don't panic, but I can't tell anymore now.
Everything will be good, but wait about month (or 2 months)
Just don't post anything on forums or public stuff

Edited to:

View PostM210, on 27 July 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Don't panic, but I can't tell anymore now, but wait about month (or 2 months)
Just don't post anything on forums or public stuff

That sounds quite Mysterious.
Really glad to hear that everything will be good.
I guess this means that there will be some sort of announcement? Hopefully one that dosn't discount all your work into this project.

I saw in the other parts of the forum that perhaps NOLF (No One Lives Forever) might be back on track for release through Nightdive, as Blood is another Monolith property then perhaps it is also involved?

I guess we will all need to simply wait and see.....

Though its a little concerning that you removed the "everything will be good" line in your edited comment.

This post has been edited by Tiddalick: 27 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

User is offline   Jim 

so can somebody please upload 0.794? missed out on that version

User is offline   Romulus 

Pure speculation: it probably isn't bad news and I am guessing that M210's hard work is going to pay off as this source port is going to get some official recognition from Monolith or whoever owns the rights. (I think WB holds the rights to the IP?)

This post has been edited by Romulus: 27 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

View PostJim, on 27 July 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

so can somebody please upload 0.794? missed out on that version

Sent you a PM

User is offline   malvado 

View PostTiddalick, on 27 July 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

I saw in the other parts of the forum that perhaps NOLF (No One Lives Forever) might be back on track for release through Nightdive, as Blood is another Monolith property then perhaps it is also involved?

I really hope that's not the reason. Kaiser's "port" is a recreation rather than a reverse engineer like BloodGDX is. I don't care if he makes it, but not at the expense of BloodGDX. It would be really lame if they release that project and call it a Blood remaster while also shutting down BloodGDX in the process. But yeah, this is pure speculation and finger pointing is currently baseless and uncalled for.

It's fucking ridiculous that this ancient cult game is still being suppressed this hard for no reason. The source code should have been released more than a decade ago like all the other major FPS's of the time but nope. They then also have to go the extra mile and shit on the small community of fans keeping the game alive. You'd think this was a major cash cow franchise rather than a dead IP the way Atari (or whoever the IP holder is) clutches onto it and shuts down any attempt at goodwill the game receives.

I hope I'm overreacting and that in the end we actually receive positive news. Like you said though, the fact that "everything will be fine" was edited out is disconcerting.

User is offline   malvado 

View PostRomulus, on 27 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Pure speculation: it probably isn't bad news and I am guessing that M210's hard work is going to pay off as this source port is going to get some official recognition from Monolith or whoever owns the rights. (I think WB holds the rights to the IP?)

That would be great and the best case scenario for this situation. I really hope this happens; we'll just have to wait and see.

User is offline   SPILL 

I believe Warn Bro owns the intellectual property and Atari owns publishing rights. So you would almost need cooperation between the two for any new material. Unless the rights have been sold and we are simply unaware at the moment.

User is offline   Zaxx 

View PostTiddalick, on 27 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Sent you a PM

If it's not a biggie I'd like to ask for that kind of PM too. :)

User is offline   Zaxx 

View Postmalvado, on 27 July 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

I really hope that's not the reason. Kaiser's "port" is a recreation rather than a reverse engineer like BloodGDX is. I don't care if he makes it, but not at the expense of BloodGDX. It would be really lame if they release that project and call it a Blood remaster while also shutting down BloodGDX in the process. But yeah, this is pure speculation and finger pointing is currently baseless and uncalled for.

Look, we all saw how accurate BGDX is and that it has mod support and while we don't know much about BloodEX it's safe to assume that BGDX is in a more advanced state. If BGDX was removed because something's in the works it very well may be that it will be used as a basis for that.

User is offline   SonicB00M 

I dont think that BloodEX is being currently worked on and is intended by Nightdive to be replacing BloodGDX. The developer of EX himself publicly said that EX is obsolete at this time because of the state GDX is in.

My theory: A third party got in touch with M210 so they can repackage his work and make an official release. Otherwise he wouldn't say 'don't worry' and 'wait a month or two'

User is offline   M210 

Ok, it was an experiment. So, links was restored.
But I haven't somethink new with bloodgdx.There is still v0.794

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Heh, what a troll. You made everyone concerned :D

View PostM210, on 28 July 2018 - 06:04 AM, said:

Ok, it was an experiment. So, links was restored.
But I haven't somethink new with bloodgdx.There is still v0.794

So...No announcement is coming in the next few months?
Seems like an odd experiment.

Maybe something is still happening, but it dosn't need the links to be taken down? Or the links were taken down too soon.
Guess we won't know if or what anything is actually coming until it does...

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostTiddalick, on 28 July 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

Phew :D Wondering this too though. Maybe Jace Hall has something to do with this.

User is offline   Newken 

The Bloodbath continues! :P

User is offline   Romulus 

This feels like one of those social experiment gone wrong videos on YouTube. Only this one didn't go wrong. :P

This post has been edited by Romulus: 28 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

Well, guess we've been had. :D

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostZaxx, on 28 July 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

Well, guess we've been had. :D

That panic. I almost got depressed :P GDX is the best thing that has ever happened to Blood.

User is offline   M210 

View PostTiddalick, on 28 July 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

No, I will release a new version as early as I can. I'm didn't made anything interesting for release yet.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options