Duke4.net Forums: News & Releases - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 15 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

News & Releases

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,206

#61

View PostJim, on 08 July 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Everything looking like tiny little squares ain't that great either.

The correct solution is making high res textures :), there is no in between.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   Jim 

  • 16

#62

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 July 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

The correct solution is making high res textures :), there is no in between.


Is that what you plan on with your new shadow warrior episode? Please still give the option of using texture filter tho.
0

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 17

#63

Or then you just embrace the pixelated graphics since that is what the game is meant too look like. And pixelart is beautiful in it's own way. Pixelated graphics does not equal a shitty game.
0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,206

#64

View PostTekedon, on 08 July 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Or then you just embrace the pixelated graphics since that is what the game is meant too look like. And pixelart is beautiful in it's own way. Pixelated graphics does not equal a shitty game.

In reality you got some free filtering on the old CRT monitors. If you take a 90's game, play it on a CRT, and then play it on a flat screen, you'll notice things look way better on the CRT.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 09 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

3

User is offline   Devon 

  • 9

#65

View Posticecoldduke, on 09 July 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

In reality you got some free filtering on the old CRT monitors. If you take a 90's game, play it on a CRT, and then play it on a flat screen, you'll notice things look way better on the CRT.



yeah things are way to clear on todays screens.
Maybe implement a filter feature a la Emulator style.
1

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,206

#66

View PostDevon, on 09 July 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

yeah things are way to clear on todays screens.
Maybe implement a filter feature a la Emulator style.

That would be the right way to go.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#67

Hi all. I made a new release, v0.770 :)

1. AIBAT crash fix
2. slopeTilting lookup fix
3. added "cheatsOn" text in statisticScreen
4. canMove hitscan vector have some changes
5. tileLoadVoxel(-1) crash fix
6. added statistics in HUD
7. moveDude GetZRange sky flag added (gargoyles fly to skies fix)
8. animated voxels support
9. fixed flip-sprite voxels
10. rewrited DrawMirrors method
11. dude's shadow draw fix
12. weapon horizoff fix
13. switch weapondata in low ammo case updated from v1.21
14. after load game dude's health not reset
15. widescreen support
16. ingame fullscreen switch mouse fix
17. slope tilting interpolated now


Also in the archive was added voxels pack, that is need place to blood folder
2

User is offline   Ceekur 

  • 0

#68

These versions are coming out fast, and always add something fun to the mix. :lol:
I'm loving the split-HUD option, custom voxels, and especially the true widescreen support. Did you test for ultrawide before release? It works perfectly as well as standard 16:9!
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#69

Im not tested a lot the widescreens :)


This post has been edited by M210: 12 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

0

User is offline   Devon 

  • 9

#70

View PostM210, on 11 July 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Hi all. I made a new release, v0.770 :)

1. AIBAT crash fix
2. slopeTilting lookup fix
3. added "cheatsOn" text in statisticScreen
4. canMove hitscan vector have some changes
5. tileLoadVoxel(-1) crash fix
6. added statistics in HUD
7. moveDude GetZRange sky flag added (gargoyles fly to skies fix)
8. animated voxels support
9. fixed flip-sprite voxels
10. rewrited DrawMirrors method
11. dude's shadow draw fix
12. weapon horizoff fix
13. switch weapondata in low ammo case updated from v1.21
14. after load game dude's health not reset
15. widescreen support
16. ingame fullscreen switch mouse fix
17. slope tilting interpolated now


Also in the archive was added voxels pack, that is need place to blood folder




Thank you for listening, i can now run up and down slopes without sluggish movement thanks to your slope tilting interpolation, and the lookup fix it very nice aswell =D
widescreen is such a blessing on a 65inch tv.. i can see so much more now!

The gargoyles dont fly away from me, and i dont have to chase the bigger ones to get keys and trigger events!

Were the weapons not stretched in the first place?
they are not affected by the widescreen option turning on/off.


Can i add voxels by simply put them in the kvx folder?

i know im a bit too enthusiastic here for some people.. but im just so grateful for this that you are doing Alexander.


You will receive and nice donation in a couple of days for all your hard work.


Best regards!
1

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#71

Quote

Were the weapons not stretched in the first place?
they are not affected by the widescreen option turning on/off.

I disabled stretching after add widescreen support.

Quote

Can i add voxels by simply put them in the kvx folder?

yes, you can....but you will get fps drop when a lot of voxel will draw

Quote

You will receive and nice donation in a couple of days for all your hard work.

I will waiting you, thanks :D


This post has been edited by M210: 12 July 2017 - 07:17 AM

0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,206

#72

View PostM210, on 12 July 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

yes, you can....but you will get fps drop when a lot of voxel will draw

Do you know why that's happening?

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#73

View Posticecoldduke, on 12 July 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Do you know why that's happening?

Because there is a lot of glBegin/glEnd...converted voxels are equals to hi-end poly models also, there is a lot of polygons :) and I don't know, but in eduke32 voxel rendering at twice faster...I think it's my typo in the code, because without voxels drawing I have the same fps. Anyway it's not problem to rewrite triangles array to VBO and calling it as DrawElements in renderer


This post has been edited by M210: 12 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

0

User is offline   icecoldduke 

  • 1,206

#74

View PostM210, on 12 July 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Because there is a lot of glBegin/glEnd...converted voxels are equals to hi-end poly models also, there is a lot of polygons :) and I don't know, but in eduke32 voxel rendering at twice faster...I think it's my typo in the code, because without voxels drawing I have the same fps. Anyway it's not problem to rewrite triangles array to VBO and calling it as DrawElements in renderer

When you ported over eduke32 to java, why did you take the fixed function(aka glbegin/glend) in the first place? GPU's now a days can push millions of polys, you just have to submit your data to the GPU properly : ). VBO's will help, so your not resubmiting all the geo to the GPU every frame. If your still having performance issues after that, you have a huge problem in your renderer.

ICED Shadow Warrior Port
https://crozzbreed23...site.com/icedsw

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 12 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

0

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#75

Quote

When you ported over eduke32 to java, why did you take the fixed function(aka glbegin/glend) in the first place?

Because my main task was to make and debug the Blood's code. If I had to write a new renderer I would have taken Duke3d too and start to write new renderer without glBegin/glEnd. But it's not my main task, and I just added voxels drawing as bonus for my Blood port, that it was more interesting for people to play in it and continue to find bugs :)


This post has been edited by M210: 12 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

0

User is online   axl 

  • 92

#76

Just tested the new version. The widescreen support is amazing. I'm also very fond of the addition of "stats". So thank you very much.

Performance is indeed a bit lower, but disabling the new voxels (by deleting "voxel.def") solves this problem on my part.

Just one suggestion: I find the game a bit too bright for my taste in the actual renderer (even after adjusting "gamma"). Would it be possible to add the same options as in EDuke32 ("contrast", "brightness" and "visibility")?

Once again: great work !
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#77

Quote

Would it be possible to add the same options as in EDuke32 ("contrast", "brightness" and "visibility")?

I can add visibility option, but contrast and brightness I can't...it's need to write native code for Java (jni). I still haven't experience for it :)


This post has been edited by M210: 12 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

1

User is offline   Jim 

  • 16

#78

When will the reminder alt fires for some of the weapons be added?
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#79

I dont know...maybe in the next release, or maybe not...
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy
  • 4,528

#80

Is there a way I can access the BloodBath levels included with Blood to take a look around?

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/
0

User is offline   fgsfds 

  • 145

#81

Press T. Enter MARIO 5 X where X is the number of a map from 1 to 11.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 12 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

0

User is online   axl 

  • 92

#82

I just replayed the first episode of Blood using your GDX port and I said it before, but I have to stress this: the widescreen support, the smooth fps and the modern mouselook do wonders for the game. One of the most underrated FPS games of all time finally gets a well deserved overhaul.

Thank you very much !

This post has been edited by axl: 14 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

0

User is offline   Mr. Death 

  • 0

#83

View Postaxl, on 14 July 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

I just replayed the first episode of Blood using your GDX port and I said it before, but I have to stress this: the widescreen support, the smooth fps and the modern mouselook do wonders for the game. One of the most underrated FPS games of all time finally gets a well deserved overhaul.

Thank you very much !

Agreed!

I know I've said it before in my bug report posts, but thank you once again M210 for BloodGDX!

I've been waiting years to be able to play this game smoothly & in higher resolutions, and now we finally can. The port is already amazing in its current version, and I'm sure it will only get better & better from here!

Keep up the great work :)
0

User is offline   gordon81 

  • 1

#84

How make run original audio cd music?

Thank you.
0

User is offline   Dzierzan 

  • 17

#85

It's not supported at the moment.
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 336

#86

I made some temporary solution for ROR renderer fix...perhaps it working better now with polymost
The next release maybe will have skybox renderer

Attached File(s)




This post has been edited by M210: 19 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

2

User is online   max_nukem 

  • 8

#87

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

I made some temporary solution for ROR renderer fix...perhaps it working better now with polymost
The next release maybe will have skybox renderer


Glad to see this! You are the Best!
0

User is offline   Fantinaikos 

  • 184

#88

Quote

I made some temporary solution for ROR renderer fix...perhaps it working better now with polymost
The next release maybe will have skybox renderer


That was exactly one of the most important graphic fixes some waited for :thumbsup:.

Why "temporary"? It is this glitchy or something else?
0

User is offline   Devon 

  • 9

#89

View PostFantinaikos, on 19 July 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

That was exactly one of the most important graphic fixes some waited for :thumbsup:.

Why "temporary"? It is this glitchy or something else?


I want to know this too.
0

User is offline   gordon81 

  • 1

#90

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

I made some temporary solution for ROR renderer fix...perhaps it working better now with polymost
The next release maybe will have skybox renderer



Awesome!!!!!!!!!

I love you!!
0

Share this topic:


  • 15 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options