Duke4.net Forums: News & Releases - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

News & Releases

User is offline   Devon 

  • 10

#241

View PostDzierzan, on 09 September 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

I would be happy seeing Akimbo Sawed-Off bug finally fixed. I know this is an original bug, not GDX. Hell, I even played Blood 0.91 beta to see if it was there too and it appears the bug wasn't fixed back then! It's just like Blood developers never cared to fix this obvious bug.


I couldnt agree more.

it doesnt feel right without the soundtrack support and cutscene sound.

Back in the day i played the living hell out of Blood shareware.. but when i finally got the full release my computer did not play the cutscenes for some baffling reason.
And after some tinkering i got it to play the videos but the sound was not working... sigh!
That didnt stop me from playing the game however and to this day it is one of my favorite 90s fps games ever.

So for me personally i would freakin love to have the cutscene sound there.

With that said i understand there are other things that are higher on the list.

This post has been edited by Devon: 09 September 2017 - 11:31 PM

0

User is offline   Dzierzan 

  • 15

#242

Quote

I always hated this bug.

Care to share the fix? =)


No, no, I only showed how it looks like in QAVEDITOR. Just in game there's a bug and only M210 can fix it.

Besides, did you people know this bug or maybe a feature appears in Tommy Gun and Tesla Gun too? Just like in Akimbo Sawed-Off, if the animation of shooting is finished, a random frame is additionally added to the end of animation. This makes Tesla Gun shooting 5 projectiles instead of 4 and Tommy Gun shooting usually 2 projectiles if you click fire once. This is just an interesting fact, I say this is more like a feature and no need to fix those two.
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 319

#243

Finally I fixed z-depth fighting in BloodGDX :blink:


I want to make release 0.776 very soon, because it will be fix z-fighting, and trilinear + anisotropy filters

Attached File(s)




This post has been edited by M210: 11 September 2017 - 03:04 AM

0

User is offline   M210 

  • 319

#244

I have long dreamed that this place would work correctly :lol:

Attached File(s)


0

User is offline   Dzierzan 

  • 15

#245

Ahh yes, I rememeber seeing this thing bugged. Good job!
0

User is offline   MariusArmand 

  • 2

#246

Nice, will the filters also fix the flickering textures?
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 319

#247

Filters have different function....but I hope yes, I fixed this problem


This post has been edited by M210: 11 September 2017 - 05:08 AM

0

User is offline   MariusArmand 

  • 2

#248

Cool! Thx a lot
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 319

#249

Ok, I made it :)

v0.776
1. Linux launch crash fix
2. Autorun with hold shift disabling
3. Strafe key hold fix
4. Slope aim with autoaim fix
5. Added trilinear texture filter, anisotropy
6. Temporaly z-fighting amendment for sprites (for NVidia cards)
7. Cutscenes sounds
1

User is offline   Newken 

  • 7

#250

Awesome, but cutscenes have popping sounds and the audio goes out of sync here.

This post has been edited by Newken: 11 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

0

User is offline   J432 

  • 4

#251

View PostNewken, on 11 September 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

Awesome, but cutscenes have popping sounds and the audio goes out of sync here.


I have short popping sound at the start and end of cutscenes, but audio does not seem to be out of sync. Overall great work as usual.

Update: First cutscene in the game seems to be ok, but Monolith logo sound is out of sync, I previously skipped it.

This post has been edited by J432: 11 September 2017 - 07:22 AM

0

User is offline   MariusArmand 

  • 2

#252

Can't wait to play without the flickering textures..yeaaaaah
0

User is offline   Zaxx 

  • 29

#253

View PostM210, on 11 September 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

Ok, I made it :)

v0.776
1. Linux launch crash fix
2. Autorun with hold shift disabling
3. Strafe key hold fix
4. Slope aim with autoaim fix
5. Added trilinear texture filter, anisotropy
6. Temporaly z-fighting amendment for sprites (for NVidia cards)
7. Cutscenes sounds

Windows 10's Defender detects a virus on the download. I've never had a false positive since I have Windows 10 and this did not happen with previous versions so it might be worth to take a look.
0

User is offline   Newken 

  • 7

#254

View PostJ432, on 11 September 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

I have short popping sound at the start and end of cutscenes, but audio does not seem to be out of sync. Overall great work as usual.

Update: First cutscene in the game seems to be ok, but Monolith logo sound is out of sync, I previously skipped it.

Is Caleb's (Vader's :P) "What is thy bidding, my master?" lip-synced properly in E1M1's intro? Not here.
0

User is offline   Zaxx 

  • 29

#255

View PostZaxx, on 11 September 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Windows 10's Defender detects a virus on the download. I've never had a false positive since I have Windows 10 and this did not happen with previous versions so it might be worth to take a look.

Did some digging, this is the virus that got detected on the file:
https://www.microsof...in32/Fuery.A!cl
0

User is offline   J432 

  • 4

#256

View PostNewken, on 11 September 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Is Caleb's (Vader's :P) "What is thy bidding, my master?" lip-synced properly in E1M1's intro? Not here.


Yes, it looks right.
0

User is offline   fgsfds 

  • 139

#257

View PostZaxx, on 11 September 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Windows 10's Defender detects a virus on the download. I've never had a false positive since I have Windows 10 and this did not happen with previous versions so it might be worth to take a look.


My fault. New version comes with an .exe to make BGDX run though Steam. It's detected as a virus for some reason. v0.776 should be reuploaded soon.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 11 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

0

User is offline   Zaxx 

  • 29

#258

View Postfgsfds, on 11 September 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

My fault. New version comes with an .exe to make BGDX run though Steam. It's detected as a virus for some reason. v0.776 should be reuploaded soon.

Oh yeah, I remember that when I created an exe file to launch BloodGDX through Steam my firewall also wanted to quarantine it for some reason and I had to add the folder as an exception to prevent that. Weird.
0

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 10

#259

Wow, played around a bit in GDX and witnessed some infighting between black and brown cultists. Never saw this in the original so I'm not sure if it's there. The brown cultist would kill the black one, but when I got the brown one to shoot the black one he would just sidestep and follow the brown one around ignoring the player.
0

User is offline   J432 

  • 4

#260

In v0.776 voxels.def is:
//voxel "KVX/2377_MANNEQUIN.kvx" { scale 1.00 tile 2377 }
//voxel "KVX/2464_EJECTSHELL.kvx" { scale 1.00 tile 2464 }
//voxel "KVX/2465_EJECTTOMMY.kvx" { scale 1.00 tile 2465 }
so these voxels are not shown in the game because of //.
0

User is offline   fgsfds 

  • 139

#261

View PostJ432, on 11 September 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

so these voxels are not shown in the game because of //.

These are unfinished so I've commented them out. Leave them be.



0

User is offline   J432 

  • 4

#262

View Postfgsfds, on 11 September 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

These are unfinished so I've commented them out. Leave them be.


Ok, thanks for info.
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 319

#263

View PostTekedon, on 11 September 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Wow, played around a bit in GDX and witnessed some infighting between black and brown cultists. Never saw this in the original so I'm not sure if it's there. The brown cultist would kill the black one, but when I got the brown one to shoot the black one he would just sidestep and follow the brown one around ignoring the player.

If you see some strange things, you can make savegame and load it in original for compare.
Btw, bloodgdx reuploaded without dosbox.exe


This post has been edited by M210: 11 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

1

User is offline   J432 

  • 4

#264

View PostM210, on 11 September 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Btw, bloodgdx reuploaded without dosbox.exe


I noticed there was info "It may be false positively detected as a virus." in original release readme. Also a way how to handle that but this is probably better because not many people read readme and there would be lots of complains. :) Hope that some better solution will be found for Steam users.

This post has been edited by J432: 11 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

0

User is offline   fgsfds 

  • 139

#265

Can you guys try this one? It shouldn't trigger antivirus.

Attached File(s)


0

User is offline   Zaxx 

  • 29

#266

View PostJ432, on 11 September 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

I noticed there was info "It may be false positively detected as a virus." in original release readme. Also a way how to handle that but this is probably better because not many people read readme and there would be lots of complains. :)

Not only that but most antivirus / firewall software instantly quarantines or deletes the file so you won't have a chance to read the readme. Anyway it should be avoided even if it's a false positive because it just gives BGDX a bad rep at the end.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

0

User is offline   Devon 

  • 10

#267

View PostM210, on 11 September 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

Ok, I made it :)

v0.776
1. Linux launch crash fix
2. Autorun with hold shift disabling
3. Strafe key hold fix
4. Slope aim with autoaim fix
5. Added trilinear texture filter, anisotropy
6. Temporaly z-fighting amendment for sprites (for NVidia cards)
7. Cutscenes sounds


Thank you so much!!! <3 <3 <3
0

User is offline   axl 

  • 77

#268

View PostM210, on 08 September 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

Find and fix bugs :) I have todo list with about 50 points
And I will continue comparing demos on DOS and GDX.


You're absolutely right that the main goal has to bugfixing and aiming for 100 % accuracy.

But in the long run, are you also planning a software mode (as in classic rendering)?
0

User is offline   M210 

  • 319

#269

 axl, on 14 September 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:


But in the long run, are you also planning a software mode (as in classic rendering)?

No
1

User is online   Jim 

  • 8

#270

m210, you need to update your FAQ regarding the widescreen question
0

Share this topic:


  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options