Duke4.net Forums: How to solve purple textures glitch in Cryptic Passage - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to solve purple textures glitch in Cryptic Passage

User is offline   J432 

Just copying here an info by fgsfds:
Rename CPART07.AR_ and CPART15.AR_ to TILES007.ART and TILES015.ART (back up already existing files). Proper support should be added later.

Purple is gone, but there are still missing/missplaced textures. For now I placed CP content in a separate folder so the original content can keep intact.

User is offline   J432 

So I renamed files as recommended and played Cryptic Passage. I forgot about it, later played Post Mortem and encountered glitches like this this in E6M2 (They Are Here):
Posted Image
I took me some time to figure out how to solve it by reversing changes. I believe that proper fix in BloodGDX is needed rather sooner than later so players do not need to deal with this annoying glitch anymore. M210, could you please look into it?

User is offline   axl 

Or you can create a simple *bat file with the following lines:

REN TILES007.ART TILES007.AR_
REN TILES015.ART TILES015.AR_
REN CPART07.AR_ TILES007.ART
REN CPART15.AR_ TILES015.ART
BloodGDX.jar
REN TILES007.ART CPART07.AR_
REN TILES015.ART CPART15.AR_
REN TILES007.AR_ TILES007.ART
REN TILES015.AR_ TILES015.ART
cls

Then simply choose "custom episode" and "cryptic.ini". After quitting the game, the changes (renames) are automatically reversed. Every time you want to play Cryptic Passage you just run your batch file (for example Cryptic.bat).

This post has been edited by axl: 22 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

User is offline   J432 

Not a bad idea, reminds me good old times we edited autoexec.bat and config.sys in DOS. :thumbsup: Still would be nice if M210 fixed it so we would not need to do anything.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options