Duke4.net Forums: eduke32: full-window instead of fullscreen? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eduke32: full-window instead of fullscreen?

User is offline   honx 

is it possible to use full-window setting instead of fullscreen?
using multiple monitors and if i play eduke32 in fullscreen, my desktop totally gets messed up.
something like this would not happen if i were able to switch to full-window instead of fullscreen.
full-window is technically the same as fullscreen, all display size used, no window borders, etc.
but technically full-window is acting as a window, so no messing around with destop, icons, etc.
as no resolution change takes place.
in short: full-window looks like fullscreen (no window borders) but in real it works like a window.
amiga emulator winuae has such a feature, for example.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

I believe you mean borderless window mode. No it's not supported at least not at this time.

However you can run the game windowed (with decorations) and specify a resolution by opening the console and typing

vidmode <width> <height>

User is offline   honx 

okay, thx.

another question: why does eduke32 switch to win7 basic mode when playing?
how can i prevent it from doing that?

This post has been edited by honx: 16 June 2017 - 03:23 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Open the console with ~ and type "r_togglecomposition 0". It shouldn't happen after that.

User is offline   honx 

thx, that did the trick. and a few other questions, sorry for that:
running is activated per default, so i have to capslock for walking. how do i deactivate it in eduke32?
and how is command for showing info like how many secrets found, etc? or was this megaton only?

This post has been edited by honx: 16 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

If you set it to walk mode while in the game, switch windows, and set CapsLock to off, you should be able to walk with CapsLock off.

For secrets, check the setting at Options > Display Setup > Status and Crosshair > Level Stats.

User is offline   honx 

thanks alot!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options