Duke4.net Forums: No bat-file - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No bat-file

User is offline   net777 

  • 0

#1

I have WIndows 10 and there is no bat-file.

How can I start the game?
0

User is online   TheDragonLiner 

  • 212

#2

View Postnet777, on 09 June 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

I have WIndows 10 and there is no bat-file.

How can I start the game?


It comes with an EDuke32 fitted to run the game directly. There's no use for a bat file.

I suspect that the Bat file thing is a remain of the old way of starting the first version of the game >_>

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.
0

User is offline   net777 

  • 0

#3

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 June 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

It comes with an EDuke32 fitted to run the game directly. There's no use for a bat file.

I suspect that the Bat file thing is a remain of the old way of starting the first version of the game >_>


Ok, thanks! Should I installl something from the original game to make it work?

I get erron about CON-files.

This post has been edited by net777: 09 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

0

User is online   TheDragonLiner 

  • 212

#4

View Postnet777, on 09 June 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

Ok, thanks! Should I installl something from the original game to make it work?

I get erron about CON-files.


Technically No, the game is stand alone and doesn't need anything from previous versions or DN3D in order to work >_>
I've checked my folder and there are 1 DEF.CON which is empty, 1 USER.CON which is empty and 1 GAME.CON which has a small introductory line about AMC and James so it's nothing from DN3D.
There are also lots of specific .CON files in the folder called CODE.

Does your game run despite the errors ? If "yes" does it run well ?

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 09 June 2017 - 11:17 PM

0

User is offline   net777 

  • 0

#5

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 June 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Technically No, the game is stand alone and doesn't need anything from previous versions or DN3D in order to work >_>
I've checked my folder and there are 1 DEF.CON which is empty, 1 USER.CON which is empty and 1 GAME.CON which has a small introductory line about AMC and James so it's nothing from DN3D.
There are also lots of specific .CON files in the folder called CODE.

Does your game run despite the errors ? If "yes" does it run well ?


I installed it again and now it seem to be working.

What are the best way to get best graphics? Is it polymost or classic?
0

User is online   Loke 

  • 520

#6

View Postnet777, on 10 June 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

What are the best way to get best graphics? Is it polymost or classic?


The TC is designed for the classic 8-bit mode. DO NOT use Polymost!
2

User is online   TheDragonLiner 

  • 212

#7

Yeah what Loke said !

Because you see the game makes use of Skyboxes and Voxels many of which can't work under non-classic render. There are even some levels that outright don't work at all under renders other than Classic.

You just have to work on the resolution and brightness/contrast settings for example ...

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 10 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

0

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,382

#8

Skyboxes and voxels aren't the problem (unless you're using polymer). The real problems are the transparent sprites with alpha blending that would show ugly black squares around them, and the TROR. Lately the transparent sprites issue has been fixed in the development version, however the TROR makes some levels unplayable due to visual glitches.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!
2

User is online   TheDragonLiner 

  • 212

#9

View PostMicky C, on 10 June 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Skyboxes and voxels aren't the problem (unless you're using polymer). The real problems are the transparent sprites with alpha blending that would show ugly black squares around them, and the TROR. Lately the transparent sprites issue has been fixed in the development version, however the TROR makes some levels unplayable due to visual glitches.


I see O_o

Well actually even now there are a few issues with TROR although seeing the problem is a big struggle of luck. I especially saw it on Ghost Ship which seems to be heavy on TROR and I would see bits of the skybox through walls especially at angles at the junction of the ceiling and 2 walls. Or we could see the clouds going through walls as well ...

However such problems are hardly visible because I noticed you need certain angles of view and some TROR like in Ghost Ship ... but in the end it's anecdotic

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.
0

User is online   Loke 

  • 520

#10

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 10 June 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

Well actually even now there are a few issues with TROR although seeing the problem is a big struggle of luck. I especially saw it on Ghost Ship which seems to be heavy on TROR and I would see bits of the skybox through walls especially at angles at the junction of the ceiling and 2 walls. Or we could see the clouds going through walls as well ...


Yeah, it depends on how you construct the TROR area as well. You shouldn't be making it too detailed with tons of sectors or sloped ceilings/walls or you might get glitchfest city. I had one instance in one of my maps in Ep3 that started to glitch out like crazy so I had to remove a few sectors. It sucks but sometimes you have to make the sacrifice.
2

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,382

#11

I played around with the TROR quite a bit in Ghost Ship to get it working as well as it did. I was a bit of a noob when I started the map and I really wanted to push 3D to the limit. I won't use it in such an extreme fashion again.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!
0

User is offline   net777 

  • 0

#12

The weapons cabinet in the very beginning is only a "picture". You can?t take the weapons. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

also, how do I move on from that place?

This post has been edited by net777: 11 June 2017 - 08:20 AM

0

User is online   TheDragonLiner 

  • 212

#13

View Postnet777, on 11 June 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

The weapons cabinet in the very beginning is only a "picture". You can?t take the weapons. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

also, how do I move on from that place?


Are you talking about this ? Attached Image: duke0000.png
If yes then you have to use the small blue screen on the left of it. There are 3 of these in the Base : 1 here in James' office, 1 in Mikko's office and 1 in the Armory to the left of the guy on a chair just before the black door.

As to moving on I suppose you don't find the way to the command center ?
If yes then there's a teleporter right under the receptionist between her and the elevator.

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.
0

User is offline   net777 

  • 0

#14

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 11 June 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Are you talking about this ? Attachment duke0000.png
If yes then you have to use the small blue screen on the left of it. There are 3 of these in the Base : 1 here in James' office, 1 in Mikko's office and 1 in the Armory to the left of the guy on a chair just before the black door.

As to moving on I suppose you don't find the way to the command center ?
If yes then there's a teleporter right under the receptionist between her and the elevator.


That's the one, thanks!

This post has been edited by net777: 11 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

0

User is online   TheDragonLiner 

  • 212

#15

View Postnet777, on 11 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

That?s the one, thanks!


No problem ^_-

BTW know that outside of the base there is a waterfall with something interesting behind it if you're not already aware -_^

If you say you've never had any problem with doors in Build Engine games, you're a liar.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options