Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "see you after Aftershock"

User is offline   Master O 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 June 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Well, I feel dumb for not having noticed it on GOG. :(

Does that mean Eduke32 will already support Ion Maiden when IM is eventually released?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I may be wrong here, but in theory you should be able to run IM with latest Eduke32 executable. Haven't tried to confirm it, though. There must be some differences anyway since at least the icon of the exe (and name) is different. :(

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

No, you can't currently run IM with eduke32.exe. It will probably be possible later.

View PostTerminX, on 15 June 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

No, you can't currently run IM with eduke32.exe. It will probably be possible later.

Given Ion Maiden is open source, it shouldn't be hard to add it to eduke32 in the future, right?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It already uses Eduke32. There are probably just a few minor internal settings in the difference, nothing concrete setting them apart.

Can you please stop posting about Ion Maiden in this thread? There's a perfectly good thread for it already, and you clearly aren't just making a once-off post. https://forums.duke4...181-ion-maiden/

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

Before any of the devs get upset, I understand that you are working on Ion Maiden and that's your priority right now. That's fine. I am not forcing you to do anything.

Since this thread is actually about Shadow Warrior, are there actually any plans to finally support it within eduke32? That guy with his other SW port who was working on it last year disappeared.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

And his approach was wrong, don't forget to mention that.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

View PostNightFright, on 17 June 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

And his approach was wrong, don't forget to mention that.

I remember how he got a lot of grief for it, too.

This post has been edited by Master O: 17 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The devs have talked about being able to support all build games in eduke32 down the line, of course that's a fair way off.

The 'other guy' focused entirely on short term results rather than long term, with all the downsides associated with that. In hindsight it seems that his motivation was being able to produce cool-looking stuff and seeing the results. Of course, when it comes to the boring bits under the hood that don't have any immediate, visible results, he seemed to lose interest. Someone more interested in the long term would have pushed through, and done several things differently to make it easier, more flexible and more coherent down the line.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Thanks to Hawke's research, we are declaring the DK credits list to be case closed.

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss Credits

Project Lead, Original Concept

• Joseph Wilcox

Game Art

• Andre Lowe

Level Design

• Jason O'Connell / lvlmaster
  • Matt Harris / MattCake
  • Ryan Isenberg / Tagg94
  • Jim Semkiw / Ironman
  • Scott Haslam / Dagger
  • Crista Forest / CDWarrior
  • Krystian Palys / Blade
  • Cho-Yan Wong / Tempest
  • Doug Murphy / NukeDukem

3D Modeling

• Roger Tweedie / Pistonhead

User is online   Phredreeke 

Awesome, do you also know which mappers made which levels, or is it like RR's Route 66 that there's just a single list without individual attributions?

• Weaponized Autism

Yes, we have matched maps to mappers as well.

User is offline   ---- 

Oh, this is still alive. :)

Great news.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 25 February 2019 - 02:43 AM

View Postfuegerstef, on 25 February 2019 - 02:42 AM, said:

Oh, this is still alive. :)

Great news.

If it's alive, you sure wouldn't know it by the lack of any updates given by anyone involved..

• Weaponized Autism

I just gave you an update.

EDIT: This project's completion is also an update: https://forums.duke4...de-re-released/

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 04 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

In the screenshots on the first post of this thread you can see replaced sprites for the ninja and one more enemy - will any other enemies have their sprites changed as well?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMaster O, on 04 March 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

If it's alive, you sure wouldn't know it by the lack of any updates given by anyone involved..

I leanred that it is alive, because unlike you I can read and had read the update above my post. :)

Does the O stand for obtuse?

User is offline   Avenger 

View Postfuegerstef, on 05 March 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

I leanred that it is alive, because unlike you I can read and had read the update above my post. :(

Does the O stand for obtuse?

I read the entire first post that was linked to a couple posts above yours and there is no mention of "Deadly Kiss" in it...

User is offline   Jim 

What about now? Is it still alive?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If there were updates I'm sure someone would have posted.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

IIRC the plan was to release VoidSW first, then the completed DK. Both projects require effort, but of a different kind in each case since there are many missing assets that must be recreated (I have no doubt it will be/is being done professionally, considering the talent available).

As we now have the public beta of VoidSW, I believe this means we're closer to the DK release too, but I may be wrong.

This post has been edited by MrFlibble: 02 August 2020 - 05:19 AM

User is offline   Jim 

what is the general quality of levels in DK? Can it match wanton destruction?

There's a lot of overlap between the three expansions when it comes to mappers, if you want to check out previous works...

Matt Harris: Chinatown, Military Base. Redwood Forest (Wanton)
Ryan Isenberg: Toxic Waste, The Palace (TD)
Jim Semkiw: Emergency Room (TD), co-author Crazy Train (TD)
Crista Forest: Fishing Village (TD). co-author Crazy Train (TD)
Krystian Palis: co-author Crazy Train (TD)
Cho Yan Wong: Trolley Yard, Auto Factory (Wanton), City of Despair, The Garden (TD)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

DK is nowhere near as good as WD. Probably not even as good as TD. It's not finished though, and that's part of why it hasn't been released in an official way.

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

I have a feeling there would have been a final polish given to the maps right before release had they actually been finished. Like the changes between SW version 0.9 and release. Imo WD has the best level design out of any build game or expansion pack. I don't think DK could top it, especially if development wasn't going well enough not to cancel the whole project. Honestly though I don't really mind. They couldn't possibly be worse than the garbage I make when I try to make maps, lol

User is offline   NNC 

Fishing Village is the best level in both addons combined, period. It's just a memorable exotic piece that you play once in a lifetime and never forget its layout until you're dead.

I also enjoy the boss level in WD (Tokyo Rooftops), the airplane level is not playing well, but it's unique too, and I really like the secret level, Redwood Forest too. The way those coolie ghosts explode out after you push that Buddha face was an epic moments.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostThe Watchtower, on 15 August 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

I also enjoy the boss level in WD (Tokyo Rooftops),

Do you recall where you heard that name? The boss level is named Skyline in-game, but that's taken from WD's hex-edited exe which doesn't have a readme with corresponding longer names like TD does.

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's in wdinfo.txt

• Weaponized Autism

Oh, right, I did see that. However those names seem more like brief descriptions than actual titles.

Wanton Destruction features twelve of the most eye popping levels
you will ever trip through! Featuring: Chinatown, Monastery Gardens,
San Francisco Trolley Yards, Chinese Restaurant, Skyscraper Under
Construction, on board a 747, high tech Secret Military Base,
Japanese Bullet Train, Zilla's Auto Factory, and Tokyo Rooftops.
in addition, the episode contains not one, but two full size super
secret levels that will have you on the edge of your seat! In
addition, wev'e included three all new Wangbang-only levels as well
as a capture the flag level!

"on board a 747", "Japanese Bullet Train".

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options