Duke4.net Forums: Having issues recording game audio and voiceover in HyperCam 2 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Having issues recording game audio and voiceover in HyperCam 2

So, with the start of my first-ever Let's Play series:

I've been trying to figure out a way to record my voice AND the game audio without the convoluted process of recording one version of the video in DOS Box, one video in Hypercam 2 and an extra audio layer in Audacity. What's the best possible way to get audio from both my USB microphone and any game I'm trying to record footage of without needing an extra cable?

User is offline   Mark 

I can't answer your technical question but I do have some advice on your voice over. Your voice at times was loud enough to cause some clipping distortion, and other times was so low that the words were lost. If you have either hardware or software to run your mic through while recording be sure to use it. Or afterwards, use audacity for adjusting levels or compression to help even things out. That is if your voice can go to its own track. If its mixed with the game audio then not much you can do except make sure you speak evenly while playing.

This next one I have heard with a lot of people. You will be talking at a regular rate of speed and then will occasionally break into a quicker soft mumble of words strung together and its harder to follow. But, some of that is to be expected when you are talking and playing the game at the same time. Just thought I would mention it for your future videos.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 20 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostMark., on 20 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

I can't answer your technical question but I do have some advice on your voice over. Your voice at times was loud enough to cause some clipping distortion, and other times was so low that the words were lost. If you have either hardware or software to run your mic through while recording be sure to use it. Or afterwards, use audacity for adjusting levels or compression to help even things out. That is if your voice can go to its own track. If its mixed with the game audio then not much you can do except make sure you speak evenly while playing.

This next one I have heard with a lot of people. You will be talking at a regular rate of speed and then will occasionally break into a quicker soft mumble of words strung together and its harder to follow. But, some of that is to be expected when you are talking and playing the game at the same time. Just thought I would mention it for your future videos.

I'll keep that in mind for Episodes 3 and onwards. I already have Episode 2 recorded, so I can't do anything with that.....but with Hypercam recording my voice layer and DOSBox itself recording the game audio, I can probably get something done in Audacity to balance everything out. Of course, getting it all to sync up will be the big problem.....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options