Duke4.net Forums: Floor pattern - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Floor pattern

User is offline   Big Bene 

• Youngloov

Well, basically I would like to ask if somewhere there is a detailed description / manual / tutorial how the floor patterns are applied.
The wall textures can be panned and scaled, so it is, while not always easy, at least possible to apply them to the sector walls in any way to create the desired effect.
On the other hand, the floor (and ceiling) patterns are somewhat less flexible.
As much as I understand the documentations, they are distributed over the whole map and can not be alinged to an individual sector. The only exception is the possibility to have the pattern enlarged or not enlarged in a sector (using the E key), so there are exactly two possible size variants.
However, the floor pattern of moving sectors such as subways travels with the sector, so the rule as cited above cannot be entirely true.
Am I understanding something wrong here? And if I do, how can I apply the floor textures to the sectors? Is there a way to pan / rotate / scale them?

User is offline   HellFire 

Yes, Floor/Ceil textures are less flexible, but yes you can make then be aligned individually.
Keys on the 3d mode:
E - texture expansion (i.e. scale - unfortunately theres only 2 scales available);
R - texture relativity (aligns the texture to the first wall - mainly used for moving sectors or to align the texture in diagonals);
F - texture orientation (flip);
Arrows on the numpad - Texture alignment;
Alt+F - Sets the first wall (you must point to the floor/ceil while also "aiming" in thedirection of the desired wall - also used for slopes)

Also, on 2d mode, with f4 you can enable the First wall highlight mode.

This post has been edited by HellFire: 15 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

User is offline   Big Bene 

• Youngloov

View PostHellFire, on 15 May 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

Yes, Floor/Ceil textures are less flexible, but yes you can make then be aligned individually.
Keys on the 3d mode:
E - texture expansion (i.e. scale - unfortunately theres only 2 scales available);
R - texture relativity (aligns the texture to the first wall - mainly used for moving sectors or to align the texture in diagonals);
F - texture orientation (flip);
Arrows on the numpad - Texture alignment;
Alt+F - Sets the first wall (you must point to the floor/ceil while also "aiming" in thedirection of the desired wall - also used for slopes)

Also, on 2d mode, with f4 you can enable the First wall highlight mode.

Thanks a lot - this should help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options