Duke4.net Forums: Contra Movie - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Contra Movie  "Not for me"

User is offline   Steve 64 

Your thoughts of this

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Sure, fuck it, it could be a great dumb action movie.
I wonder which will be better, this or the US made Rampage movie

User is offline   CruX 

are there thoughts to have? It's a funny spin on Contra's logo, I guess. If this is a thing that's coming out of hollywood though, i see no reason to be optimistic.

Rampage? the one with the wolf monkey and lizzard? they are making a movie of that?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Yes, and Dwayne The Rock Johnson is behind it

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

They ripped off the Expendables logo.

I just notice that now you mention it

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

User is offline   gemeaux333 

To be fair, I would have been more interested by a Metal Slug adaptation !

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

This is really weird considering that Konami doesn't give a fuck about Contra. Oh, wait, it's from Tencent (Chinese company). Probably related to this:

Also, Metal Slug is a niche franchise and it belongs to a niche company which is SNK. Wouldn't expect even KOF movie honestly. Not even anime.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 11 May 2017 - 06:40 AM

Niche ?

I believe there is actually more elements/potential in Metal Slug to make a movie, although some would say there would not be anything new under the sun (and possibly nothing to proove) !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 11 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Well, SNK was big long time ago (they were quite important gaming company in 90s for sure, even had their own hardware) and now it's all gone. At the same time KOF is probably the most known SNK franchise compared to Metal Slug and it's getting a lot of attention too compared to the rest SNK games (there are even KOF clones in China actually). I bet not even their Chinese overlords care about Metal Slug, but who knows, SNK said they plan to make new Metal Slug game and they were working with Tencent too (the deal was about KOF as well). But honestly, I don't think people will care about it as much as they do about KOF.

SNK have got bankrupcy after Metal Slug 3 (Metal Slug 4 and 5 were not edited by SNK, and it's noticed in the unfaithfull graphic style of both), they became SNK Playmore with resurrection, and very recently they got back the name SNK !

Metal Slug is very appreciated actually, possibly more than Contra, but nothing new have came after the release of Metal Sug 7 / Metal Slug XX in 2007, except the announcement that a Browser Game was cancelled in 2009 due to quality standards...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 12 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

Just saw the Rampage trailer wasn.t expecting it so soon

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options