Duke4.net Forums: Problem with TROR - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with TROR

User is offline   blizzart 

Hi folks,

I started working on my mod again and ran into a problem with TROR. I first created the upper sectors and then created a bunch from the inner sector. So far it worked fine:
Attached Image: capt0046_1.jpg

Now I want to create sectors underneath the upper bunch but it doesn´t work. I started drawing lines from one of the points and connected them with other points. Randomly it ends up in "red line sectors" but I cant see or enter them, sometimes I can´t even connect the lines with other points.

Has been quite a time since I touched Mapster the last time. Did I missed something?

Here are two screenshots from the upper and lower bunch, if this helps:

Attached Image: capt0047_1.jpgAttached Image: capt0048_1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I´m using the latest EDuke32 build / also tested with r5409 (both 64bit)

This post has been edited by blizzart: 05 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

User is offline   Mark 

In a few of my maps over the last few years I occasionally ran into that same problem. I couldn't expand an extended sector. I was never able to figure out why it would happen only in certain parts of a map.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

If I understood correctly, you need to PageUp/Dn to the correct level. I keep having issues with M32 not registering the topmost or bottom-most stacks. You can also hide the other stacks with, was it CTRL A maybe?

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postblizzart, on 05 May 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

Hi folks,

I started working on my mod again and ran into a problem with TROR. I first created the upper sectors and then created a bunch from the inner sector. So far it worked fine:
Attachment capt0046_1.jpg

Now I want to create sectors underneath the upper bunch but it doesn´t work. I started drawing lines from one of the points and connected them with other points. Randomly it ends up in "red line sectors" but I cant see or enter them, sometimes I can´t even connect the lines with other points.

Has been quite a time since I touched Mapster the last time. Did I missed something?

Try synthesis R5267

There was a time you could successfully adjust the focus of the Z axis. This was done by toggling (Automatic Grey Out of plain sectors) using "CTRL" + "A". Then controlling the visibility between the layers and you would use "page-up" and "page-dn" to adjust the Z axis focus as long as there was sufficient height & space between the vertical sectors. You can also reset the Z axis by pressing. "CTRL" + "R" in 2D mode.

If the problem still occurs, try lowering the floor in the bottom sector to see if that helps direct the focus on the lower sector and after you're finished just raise the floor back to its desired height. I've had to do this in a few situations.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 07 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options