Duke4.net Forums: Official Duke4.net Discord server - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Duke4.net Discord server

User is offline   TheZombieKiller 

I noticed that there was no Discord server for Duke4, and since I know at least a few of us here have Discord, I figured I'd make a server.

EDIT: This is now official. https://discord.gg/qccgJ9v

User is online   Lunick 

• Snazzy Ex Tazzy

We've just started getting Discord together and there will most likely one made by Hendricks very shortly.

LeoTCK - EDIT: Jimmy, Blow it out your ass!
http://duke3dmaps.tumblr.com/

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

DELETED

This post has been edited by Mark.: 03 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

As with "VacaHRP 1.5 Unofficial" back in the day, I'm not very accommodating toward unsanctioned use of our project names. Thanks for the thought.

It should probably (and will) happen. I'm just dreading the task of moderating a public Discord server. These things quickly become inundated with complete idiots.

EDIT: Zombie transferred over control of this and we might as well just use it.

User is offline   Striker 

• Thot-patrolling Auramancer

Joined. Would love to arrange some multiplayer matches with the community through here.

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I don't know if someone just decided to have fun and block me from all channels, but it says I don't have permission to view the history of any channels.

Posted Image

I changed a setting that I thought would make it more like IRC. I guess not. Reverted.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

IRC... This isn't 1995 anymore lol

Posted Image

User is offline   TnT 

As a means to "Bring gamers together", to "Unite" them, as stated on the company page of the discord website, I'm certainly not the only one who finds the name "Discord" completely IRONIC, due to the contradiction between the definition of the word discord and the main purpose of the application... Am I?
You do know the meaning of discord, right?

User is offline   Hank 

View PostImaManNotaMachine, on 09 September 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

As a means to "Bring gamers together", to "Unite" them, as stated on the company page of the discord website, I'm certainly not the only one who finds the name "Discord" completely IRONIC, due to the contradiction between the definition of the word discord and the main purpose of the application... Am I?

Never thought about it.
Now that I do - you guys kill each other online and then talk with each other at the same time - the name is bang on.
I'm not on Discord, because I play the lonely single player only, but if I do multiplayer, the service seems to be top notch.

The things I don't know could fill libraries.

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 September 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostImaManNotaMachine, on 09 September 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

Don't stress yourself taking words too literally.

View PostHank, on 09 September 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

Never thought about it.
Now that I do - you guys kill each other online and then talk with each other at the same time - the name is bang on.
I'm not on Discord, because I play the lonely single player only, but if I do multiplayer, the service seems to be top notch.

Discord is great as a TeamSpeak replacement, but we mainly use it as text chat, like a 21st century version of IRC. We're approaching 300 members on the Duke4 server.

User is offline   TnT 

Less words, more action.

This post has been edited by ImaManNotaMachine: 09 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

User is offline   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

It should be called "Disjointed" from the way multiple people are posting back and forth in between other people posting back and forth. Information overload at times. Many times more than one subject being talked about at the same time. I find it annoying but I put up with. Its a way to keep up on whats happening.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 09 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options