Duke4.net Forums: Where can i find an MS synth music pack - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where can i find an MS synth music pack

I don't like the roland sc-55 music. and the MS synth Music pack for duke nukem 3d is Rare as hen's teeth. Please lads, i don't like the echo effects on the roland SC-55 version

Shit, wrong forum

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postdef13391, on 30 April 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Shit, wrong forum

It's okay :(

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

MS Synth Pack?

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 30 April 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

MS Synth Pack?

It's like the Roland SC-55 But without the echo (Or something)

it's like this

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You can find this file in the location "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\gm.dls".

Unfortunately, I have never found a completely accurate conversion of this file to SF2.

• The Sarien Encounter

You prefer THAT? Whatever floats your boat...

But I don't understand why you want a music pack? You can get this natively in Windows by not even having a music pack and just using the game MIDIs. Windows will automatically play it with the MS synth.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Isn't gm.dls that comes with Windows also a Roland soundfont? For some reason however, Windows made it sound like garbage (maybe also the dls format is to blame, I know almost nothing about it).

In that Youtube video above, Duke3D music sounds exactly like with default Windows MIDI synthesis, so actually you should already have this if you operate under Windows.

Personally, I'd recommend VirtualMIDISynth in combination with either Patch93's SC-55 or M. Abbey's Arachno soundfont. They deliver results that are pleasant to the ear.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

He doesn't like the "echo" though (reverb).

OH WELL THEN.

Also, I don't have windows. i use a mac

User is offline   The Nate 

View Postdef13391, on 04 May 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Welp. That explains everything.

• The Sarien Encounter

So you're just making as many terrible gaming decisions as you can then. :( (I kid I kid)

Fair enough.

User is offline   The Nate 

View Postdef13391, on 08 May 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Fair enough.

I'm not even trying to be anti-Mac, you should've just told us your OS earlier.

This post has been edited by Newcomer: 09 May 2017 - 04:16 AM

User is offline   supergoofy 

View Postdef13391, on 04 May 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

dual boot with Window 10 and OSX

View Postsupergoofy, on 09 May 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

dual boot with Window 10 and OSX

• The Sarien Encounter

That's quitter talk. Come on, man, how badly do you want that MS Synth music?! :(

EDIT: I'm sorry, man. I keep poking at you but it's all in fun. I'm not trying to make you feel badly or stupid. People like what they like and there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, I still prefer Adlib sound to a lot of wavetable synths.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

That's quitter talk. Come on, man, how badly do you want that MS Synth music?! :(

EDIT: I'm sorry, man. I keep poking at you but it's all in fun. I'm not trying to make you feel badly or stupid. People like what they like and there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, I still prefer Adlib sound to a lot of wavetable synths.

I've managed to get the GS wavetable music (with reverb, but i ignore it) Would you like to know how? It's because i have eduke32 1.4.0 beta 2 Running in wine because i'm some Idiot who likes the old version better, mainly because i like the old level stats (IMAGE DELETED BECAUSE MY PUUSH WAS OUT OF SPACE)

Don't judge me

This post has been edited by def13391: 01 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postdef13391, on 14 May 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

It's because i have eduke32 1.4.0 beta 2 Running in wine because i'm some Idiot who likes the old version better, mainly because i like the old level stats

Don't judge me

No one does, but unless you just only play official levels or early-era of user maps/TCs and some early eduke32 mods for such old version of eduke32, using such old version not really good idea. But yes, it's up to you. :(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 14 May 2017 - 02:03 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 14 May 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

No one does, but unless you just only play official levels or early-era of user maps/TCs and some early eduke32 mods for such old version of eduke32, using such old version not really good idea. But yes, it's up to you. :(

I know that it's not a good idea, but that is how i experienced the game for the first time. Specifically on this video. this is the video that got me into duke Nukem 3d in the first place

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options