Duke4.net Forums: [Release] Kilo, Chess, Extran, etc. - My old maps - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] Kilo, Chess, Extran, etc. - My old maps  "Posting a few maps I made in the 90s"

User is offline   xlucas 

Hi, guys! I'm new on this forum and would like to post a few maps I made long ago, when DN3D was not old :( -- I made these maps mostly with DukeMatch in mind, although Extran.map can be played in single player mode just to kill some aliens. Some of the maps are not made with a lot of aesthetics (Alto.map, for instance), but all are fun playing. My siblings and I have played them many, many times. Favourite was probably Kilo.map. Here goes a brief description of each:

Alto.map (meaning "High above"): Very thin walkways high above on top of which you have to go carefully while others try to shoot you down. Unlike Kilo, here falling is almost certainly fatal.

Chess.map (a.k.a. "Mess on the Chessboard"): The craziest map I've made. You start on a chessboard and it seems everything occurs in just one room, but it's actually three rooms. Lots of teleportation. All your rockets tend to remain flying from a room to the next and back so, after a number of shots, everything is full of random rockets. A lever allows for disabling this. You get randomly teleported from time to time. Lots of accidental killing!

Extran.map (meaning "Weird"): This is the only one that contains monsters, yet it's thought more for DukeMatch. A central space with doors and windows leading to rooms some of which are connected to each other. Good for shooting window-to-window and for setting lots of traps.

Kassel.map (a.k.a. "The Castle"): This one is unfinished, but playable. Light does not look the same as in the original Duke Nukem, so it's a little bit too dark. It's a castle in the night. Moonlight enters through some windows. You don't see others until they're pretty close, but because the map shape is simple, you don't get lost. There are a few secrets.

Kilo.map (meaning "Mess"): A big square space with a kind of "inverted labyrinth", walkways that cross like knots and end at different rest-points or "houses", as we used to call them. While in the main space, shooting your buddys down is a lot of fun and at the rest-points, you find supplies.

Lucas.map: This is my first map ever made with Build. It's a central square area, much smaller than that of Extran, with two ramps and some windows. You come across other players much more frequently that with Extran. It's a very fast-paced DukeMatch. A couple of things I've seen working differently from the original DN3D, but still play well: if you jump while you run at the beginning of a ramp in the down direction, you used to remain on air till the end of the ramp. Now you fall like a normal jump. Also, lasers very close to ramps are visible now. In other words, eDuke32 has fixed some bugs that DN3D had and that I used to exploit, ha, ha. But it's fun anyway.

Park.map: You start very high in one of a few random capsules in the sky. You jump off and have to try to fall on water. Using the map, it's very easy, but it's more interesting if you just look down instead. Once on the ground, you find yourself in a forested area where you can hunt the other players.

EDIT: Download on next post :(

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Lunick 

Um, it might help to include a download :(

User is offline   xlucas 

View PostLunick, on 28 April 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Um, it might help to include a download :(

Oops! There it goes!

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Lunick 

I added the download to your main post. I also have these screenshots for people:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Fifth shot looks cool and fun to play, reminds me a labyrinth built on three levels in a science magazine many years ago, it started a passion for drawing labyrinths when I was a kid, I'm wonder if my parents still have it.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 04 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options