Duke4.net Forums: Forum techniques - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forum techniques

User is offline   Big Bene 

• Youngloov

OK, this is probably very obvious, if just someone could point me to the right link...

I'm wondering about a few funcitonalities of the forums:
- How is the Ego calculated?
- What does the number in the green rectangel mean? Something like "likes"?
- I see the "photo" appears in the profile, while the "avatar" appears in the threads. Is this the only difference? Why are there two user pictures in the first place?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I think Ego is calculated by post count which is hidden.

The green box is your "reputation" and isn't always green, it can be red if it's a negative number. It's just the sum of all the negative and positive votes on your posts (if any). You can look at all of your upvotes and downvotes that people have given you in your profile in the Reputation tab. Don't take this system too seriously. Very few of us do. If you do, you're likely to see that box turn red pretty quickly...

I'm not sure what the point of the photo is. I guess if people want to treat their profile page more socially like Facebook. One odd quirk I've noticed is that the mobile forum theme on phones displays profile photos instead of avatars (if there is one).

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

User is offline   Kawa 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 18 April 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Don't take this system too seriously. Very few of us do.
Says the maniac with over 2000 rep. :blink:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I guess I just don't make very many posts people feel like downvoting me for. :blink: But to prove that means nothing, Yatta himself is veritably drowning in downvotes and everyone loves him.

User is offline   Big Bene 

• Youngloov

Thanks for the info,
sorry for the late reply, have been in holidays without internet access.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options