Duke4.net Forums: Pig Cop Discussion - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pig Cop Discussion  "This is just for fun discussion"

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Do you think it's like a wolf-man transformation, or do you think they're experimented on and shaped into them?

Also, do you think the pig cops are just being used by the aliens, or do you think they have been "converted" to think like the aliens? I feel like they have the intention of killing of human males and enslaving women, but I feel like had the game had infighting, the pig cop's might've also been hostile to the aliens if they somehow can remember their human self.

Do you think they are sort of mindless zombies with brute strength or do you think the retain the abilities to enforce laws (of the aliens) and if the hunt for Duke remained on Earth the entire time, throughout the world, do you think the Pig Cops would result to more extreme measures like using more police tactics to defeat Duke? I mean, they have RPVs, and then later they have the Armored Tanks. They also set traps on Duke, like real police do on criminals.

I think it's also possible the Pig Cops are their own army, because in every Duke game pretty much, they are there, even when the other aliens are mostly replaced. Maybe after DN3D, the ones that remained still enforce the rules against Duke, and just work alongside anyone against him as well,

I'm just looking for general ideas. What have you always thought since playing?

This post has been edited by Tristan: 14 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

I think the pigcops are always allies of their creators and follow commands by them by any means necessary. As you stated, they do perform police maneuvers and strategies as would real life police. Yes they are a tongue-in-cheek gag at cops, but they work. I believe its part of the Duke lore, that local law enforcement would be turned into the pigcops. Land of the Babes, Zero Hour, Mahattan Project, and DNF had their own unique touches to the character.

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 14 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Do you think it's like a wolf-man transformation, or do you think they're experimented on and shaped into them?

It's a werewolf-like transformation caused by the aliens.

Also, do you think the pig cops are just being used by the aliens, or do you think they have been "converted" to think like the aliens? I feel like they have the intention of killing of human males and enslaving women, but I feel like had the game had infighting, the pig cop's might've also been hostile to the aliens if they somehow can remember their human self.

The pigs think like aliens. The voice you hear at the end of E1L2 is a pig talking.

Do you think they are sort of mindless zombies with brute strength or do you think the retain the abilities to enforce laws (of the aliens) and if the hunt for Duke remained on Earth the entire time, throughout the world, do you think the Pig Cops would result to more extreme measures like using more police tactics to defeat Duke? I mean, they have RPVs, and then later they have the Armored Tanks. They also set traps on Duke, like real police do on criminals.

You answered your own question.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Call me conservative, but I think that the game manual contains all that we need to know about the characters in the game:

3) Pig Cop
The Pig Cops are mutated alien operatives positioned to supress residual human opposition and to police the new centres of alien power on Earth. Their distinct warthog-like appearance and aggressiveness make them easy to spot, but difficult to overcome. They brandish a 10 guage shotgun and have a special surprise ground level attack. These characters have extremely high intolerance to the presence of humans, and exhibit blind rage when they detect human scent. Also, protective body armour worn beneath their uniforms give them added endurance. When killed, this character may drop either their shotgun or body armour.

I have to confess though that the phrase "mutated alien operatives" is a bit ambiguous, and their appearance may or may not suggest they were once human (e.g. visibly torn clothes). There's also a Pig Cop corpse in E2L8 suggesting they have been experimented upon.

I wonder if there are any internal dev notes discussing the game characters that might shed more light on their designs. However personally I have the feeling that much of the design followed the rule of cool more than any kind of consistent logic. Pig Cops fit very well the mutant trope established by other media like TMNT, and it's probably not that important if they were intended to be mutated humans, mutated pigs or some sort of alien hybrids created from the DNA of both.

No one noticed that "pig" cops looks actually like a boars?

It is scientifically ascertained that humans and pigs have much DNA stretches in common, so for the aliens would be easy create an hybrid. I do not understand the choice from the point of view of fighting ability since the mutated do not even use their tusks.

And anyway: I ALREADY EXPOSED THE TRUTH TO YOU YO'S!1!1!

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 15 April 2017 - 05:34 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 15 April 2017 - 05:32 AM, said:

I do not understand the choice from the point of view of fighting ability since the mutated do not even use their tusks.

It's evidence that the aliens have a sense of humor.

Yet 3D Realms not seems to be of the same advice, realizing this inconsistency in Duke Nukem Forever it has added a Pigcop variant that charges at you (Unfortunately not the one they scrapped http://duke4ever.alt...F_BossHog01.jpg).

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 15 April 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

Yet 3D Realms not seems to be of the same advice, realizing this inconsistency in Duke Nukem Forever it has added a Pigcop variant that charges at you (Unfortunately not the one they scrapped http://duke4ever.alt...F_BossHog01.jpg).

You're overthinking it. For the basic pigcop included in Duke 3D, it would not have made sense for them to use a charge attack when they have a shotgun. There was even a melee animation that 3DR didn't use, maybe for that reason.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The pigcops are a play on the fact they have police gear on and were transformed into giant boars, and also because the game was set in LA it let them change LAPD to LARD as a joke. From there, they became the game's most iconic enemy which is why they were in all games since.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Sure I'm not making a comparison between 90's logics and today and still great jokes, It was just to point out an addition that happened VERY later for different reasons.

These are the melee frames of the DN3D pigcop are you to which you are referring I guess (cleaned up by Jimmy).

https://forums.duke4...post__p__119830

They supposed to be SWATS at the very beginning isn't?

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 15 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

User is offline   Kawa 

And of course, there's the idea that men cops are pigs.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Also the slang people use to describe police officers is pigs

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Good responses.

Always thought it was funny in Manhattan Project that the pigcops when not alert take a piss. That was hiladious. Not sure if Im correct, but didnt one of the other spin offs have where if a pigcop killed you, it peed on you?

User is offline   NNC 

A little offtopic (as my only contribution to this thread had been said already: they are boars):

What about the other iconic enemy of Duke? The Octabrain.

Why are they floating? They don't own antigravity mechanics like the Fat Commander. They don't have wings, and they are not flying. They are floating like underwater. Why creators allowed this? This enemy IMHO belongs strictly to underwater, nowhere else. Also are they related to protozoid slimers? They are not eaten by them, like the other Aliens type character... lots of unimportant questions.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I've always assumed that Octabrains float due to some mind/telekinetic power. The manual seems to corroborate this interpretation:

This character's abundant brain mass and specialized trifocal vision combine to make the Octabrain a formidable alien weapon against all sentient life on Earth. Their method of attack is a powerful blast of mental energy released against its prey, thus weakening and confusing its intended victim. If the victim doesn't die from the mind blast, the Octabrain's powerful razor sharp teeth are ready to finish the job. The Octabrain prefers dark and secluded habitats from which to wage its attack. Their immense mental power is offset by a generally unprotected, though tough and leathery, body.

It is true though that they are often found in or near water, but that could be explained by their semantic relation to octopi.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options