Duke4.net Forums: Pathfinding Script? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pathfinding Script?

User is offline   Sanek 

Hello!
If you didn't know, I'm working on a little one-map TC right now, and there's one thing with CON code that I want to have, but I don't know how...

I want to have an enemy who will patrol certain area and be able to hit the player when he touches it. That enemy will also have to fly all the time, i.e. not fall anywhere.
Is that possible to create an actor who will do stuff like that? Is it possible to take the part of the existing actor (like drone or recon car) and add pathfinding script to it?
I really hope that someone can give me an advice, or help with it. I already asked a couple of people about it, but it seems like nobody knows how to do it, or don't bother to write about it.

User is offline   Mark 

Put a recon car in that area and low to the ground to see if it will collide with the player. If it does, then you need to disable weapon fire for it in the con code. Then of course def in your replacement for the recon car model/sprite.

You would have to do a search of the forums, there have been a few threads over the years on people that came up with pathfinder mods or demos.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 01 April 2017 - 06:22 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hi Sanek, I think you wrote to me and I forgot to write back. The fact is I am very busy with various projects and I don't have time to help with another one, unless it is a simple question. This is not simple for someone who needs a lot of help with basic CON coding, such as yourself. If you get as far as writing some code and want to post it here for advice on how to make it better, I'm sure that I or someone else will reply and help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options