Duke4.net Forums: a tip for creating cutscene vids - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a tip for creating cutscene vids

User is offline   Mark 

Its only been 1 test so far but this is what I found. TeaMonster and I are working on a cutscene video and I chose to use the ffmpeg command line method to convert TM's video to the needed IVF format. The first one converted to a horrible and blocky lo res quality. The original was in mp4 format. I suggested trying a different format so he saved it out this time as avi. It converted to a way better looking IVF video. Also, it plays back slightly faster than the original video so keep that in mind.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's always better to compress something using an uncompressed source. If the video plays back at the wrong speed in EDuke32, you'll need to use Helix's ivfrate utility. http://wiki.eduke32....iki/Build_tools

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks, I'll check it out. BTW, how far back did IVF support start? I have a feeling that the old version 4593 from 2014 won't support it and we'll have to use anm :blink:

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Helix added it in r1933.

User is offline   Mark 

cool

User is offline   Mark 

I should have asked about the cutscene con command too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options