Duke4.net Forums: a tip for creating cutscene vids - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a tip for creating cutscene vids

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Its only been 1 test so far but this is what I found. TeaMonster and I are working on a cutscene video and I chose to use the ffmpeg command line method to convert TM's video to the needed IVF format. The first one converted to a horrible and blocky lo res quality. The original was in mp4 format. I suggested trying a different format so he saved it out this time as avi. It converted to a way better looking IVF video. Also, it plays back slightly faster than the original video so keep that in mind.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

It's always better to compress something using an uncompressed source. If the video plays back at the wrong speed in EDuke32, you'll need to use Helix's ivfrate utility. http://wiki.eduke32....iki/Build_tools

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

Thanks, I'll check it out. BTW, how far back did IVF support start? I have a feeling that the old version 4593 from 2014 won't support it and we'll have to use anm <_<

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

Helix added it in r1933.

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

cool

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I should have asked about the cutscene con command too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options