Duke4.net Forums: Map Launching Question - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Map Launching Question

User is offline   NutWrench 

Hi everyone,

I currently have EDuke32.exe in my C:\Games\Duke3D folder and a large number of 3rd party maps in a sub-folder. (C:\Game\Duke3D\ExtraMaps).

Is it possible to launch a 3rd party map by double-clicking directly on it?

When I try this, EDuke complains that it can't find the Duke3D.GRP file, which I guess it always expects to find in the same directory as the EDuke32 executable. A look at the 'eduke32.cfg' file doesn't seem to offer a way to force the path to a particular directory.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostNutWrench, on 15 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I currently have EDuke32.exe in my C:\Games\Duke3D folder and a large number of 3rd party maps in a sub-folder. (C:\Game\Duke3D\ExtraMaps).

Is it possible to launch a 3rd party map by double-clicking directly on it?

When I try this, EDuke complains that it can't find the Duke3D.GRP file, which I guess it always expects to find in the same directory as the EDuke32 executable. A look at the 'eduke32.cfg' file doesn't seem to offer a way to force the path to a particular directory.

Yes.

Do this.

1. make a file "_eduke32.bat" in the folder with "eduke32.exe", "C:\Games\Duke3D" in this case

2. put this code into the file "_eduke32.bat"
C:\Games\Duke3D\eduke32.exe -map %~nx1

3. put a copy of "DUKE3D.GRP" in the folder with maps you want to run, "C:\Game\Duke3D\ExtraMaps" in this case

4. set windows to open .map files with "C:\Games\Duke3D\_eduke32.bat" as the default program

5. double click those map files and kick some ass

This post has been edited by Drek: 16 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

User is offline   NutWrench 

Thanks!

User is offline   Kyanos 

You're welcome.

As a little extra piece of info for other readers. I was able to get windows7 to open any .map file located anywhere with eduke32.exe as long as the .exe directory was on the desktop and the .grp file was in windows/system32

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options