Duke4.net Forums: Whats the easiest way to delete remove a door? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats the easiest way to delete remove a door?

User is offline   cj31387 

I'm modding Hollywood Holocaust to have a lot more guns and ammo for 4+ player dukematch, The doors are annoying for dukematch especially since they close after like 10 seconds. What is the easiest way to remove doors. I tried joining them as sectors but it screws up the map bad, is there some quick way i can like make the side doors stay open, or automatically open or how do i just delete them?

User is offline   necroslut 

Delete the sprites inside (sector effector, sound, timer), remove hi- and lo-tags, then join (ctrl+j) them with the surrounding sector.

View Postnecroslut, on 02 March 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Delete the sprites inside (sector effector, sound, timer), remove hi- and lo-tags, then join (ctrl+j) them with the surrounding sector.

The door next to the (bridge that leads to the end) that leads into another door into the cinema is being a bitch, i keep trying to join it and it just errors out the level.

Nm i figured it out by selecting the vertices where the doors meet and moving them towards the wall. But I want to make that area in the ticket booth where you can blow up the wall already blown up, is there a way to just delete a wall instead of joining it?

User is offline   necroslut 

View Postcj31387, on 03 March 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

Nm i figured it out by selecting the vertices where the doors meet and moving them towards the wall. But I want to make that area in the ticket booth where you can blow up the wall already blown up, is there a way to just delete a wall instead of joining it?

If you delete the sector effector and tags inside the blown up sector it should start destroyed.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View Postcj31387, on 03 March 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

Nm i figured it out by selecting the vertices where the doors meet and moving them towards the wall.

This is bad practice. If you still use anything other than Mapster32, doing this will have a chance of corrupting the map.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options