Duke4.net Forums: Had this idea to stream from PC to iPad but failed for DKN3D - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Had this idea to stream from PC to iPad but failed for DKN3D

User is offline   Perene 

I tried using two apps from Apple Store, but one has bugs and the other works with emulators, but Saturn is unsupported and for the first time ever a PlayStation game I tried isn't running with the Pete's OpenGL2 Renderer in the ePSXe emulator (Total Meltdown). I used another video plugin and It worked just fine for the PC, but it crashes when streaming with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Meaning I can stream many PS1 games to my iPad, except this one from DUKE.

P.S. Soft Driver 1.17 is the plugin that needs to be selected for ePSXe if you wish to play Total Meltdown.

http://microsoftremo..._Remote_Desktop

One thing I would like to ask is if it's somehow possible to play with a gamepad in the PC versions of Duke 3D" such as Megaton and 20th Anniversary. Or I am restricted to using keyboard and mouse?

BTW, this is how a game looks like when that wiki page says SUPPORTED:

ePSXE (PS1)

Posted Image

PCSX2 (PS2):

Posted Image

GameCube:

Posted Image

All these screenshots were taken from my iPad. I was thinking of using a Bluetooth controller to play these games, hooked to my PC, and a tablet stand for the iPad.

More shots:

Stella (Atari 2600):

Posted Image

The DMC 4 demo (PC) mentioned in the wiki:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is how Fusion (Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, Sega CD, 32X) looks like in the app:

Posted Image

Now with zoom applied:

Posted Image

NullDC (Dreamcast:

Posted Image

DEMUL:

Posted Image

Zoomed:

Posted Image

I don't like adjusting the window everytime I need to run these emulators. This becomes boring if you need to do it multiple times. Since other emulators don't need this, it's up to these developers to improve them.

This post has been edited by Perene: 27 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Megaton - Yes
World Tour - Yes
EDuke32 - We're working on fixing it up and improving it.

User is offline   Perene 

View PostHendricks266, on 27 February 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

Megaton - Yes
World Tour - Yes
EDuke32 - We're working on fixing it up and improving it.
For me it's not working if I try to use the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator (x360ce.com). Is there some tutorial where this is explained for both Megaton and World Tour? If I could play DKN3D with my gamepad then I would be able to do more tests with this remote desktop app.

Did they add support for controllers in a specific version of these games or all of them can recognize it?

I can't do any test with my current config if the game only relies on the mouse/keyboard, since you can't use both properly by touching your iPAD screen to issue commands.

About the ePSXe graphic issue, I already reported in their official forums:
http://ngemu.com/thr...-issues.191673/

No idea why this is happening.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPerene, on 28 February 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

Did they add support for controllers in a specific version of these games or all of them can recognize it?

These games are both on Steam and always distribute the latest version which has controller support.

User is offline   Perene 

OK, here's an update, now about Duke:

KinoConsole - worthless for playing the Megaton Edition only because of that screen that asks what game you want to choose (Megaton, Classic, Duke It Out in D.C., Nuclear Winter, Life's A Beach). I assume it would work somehow better if it could open the executable directly, yet considering the bugs I already reported here, I'd say only few PC games can be used with it. This app is (I am sure) worse than Microsoft Remote Desktop, I wouldn't pay for it without some serious overhaul.

- Megaton Edition

I discovered how to enable gamepad for the 1.46 version (was using 1.0):
http://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool/

This is what I didn't know: the SDL2 Gamepad Tool is 100% REQUIRED, for mapping the controller.

That's how mine is configured:

http://imgur.com/a/ZSKjm

- The 1.46 version I got won't be used anymore. Because (at least here in my computer) the game (no matter where you are, even in the main menu this happens) is freezing and not responding, for several seconds. I don't know what is causing this bug, and if it has been fixed in the 1.47, 1.48 or 1.49. What I can tell is that it's a serious issue that if any of you had, you would uninstall this version immediately.

Look: http://i.imgur.com/j1X2c1l.jpg

It's funny this is even happening, considering I played the 1st episode and even the 2nd without freezing. However in other attempts this happened. It's very random.

- I already told the Megaton can't be streamed in fullscreen mode using Microsoft Remote Desktop/my iPAD.

The window mode is another thing: it's working, and with audio:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was taken from my iPAD. The problem with the window mode is that it's always annoying to adjust the screen by applying zoom. You wouldn't like to repeat this procedure many times.

And the commands issued by Microsoft Remote Desktop keyboard aren't working. That means we can't use DN3D cheats. We will need to load a game with the cheats already activated (I don't remember if this is possible).

My PS2 controller is working while I see the game in the iPAD, and I noticed no lags or any other issue.

As for the "Twentieth Anniversary World Tour" version, I'll still look into it.

Taking into consideration that some emulators are capable of adjusting themselves to fit the 1368x1024 resolution from this app and fill the entire screen, it's sad that we can't have that at least for Duke.

The Megaton version is a PC game working in window mode. And with audio.

I believe most of them aren't working at all, or the audio is muted, like the original Assassin's Creed.

What makes this game (and the Devil May Cry 4 demo) so different that they can be streamed this way?

P.S. Even if we can play with everything perfect and at the same time use a controller, I must say this game was totally made to be used with a mouse and keyboard.

This post has been edited by Perene: 28 February 2017 - 09:01 PM

User is offline   termit 

• General Arcade

SDL2 Gamepad Tool is not required. Basicly it's a replacement for Big Picture configurator and you need it only if you have noname gamepad and mappings are not available.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options