• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some beginner Questions - Mappery

1. How you break that GODDAMN yellow WALL. URGH.. -✅
2. can you copy a sector (or at least a whole level) and paste it? - ✅
3. can you even rotate a sector? -✅
4. can you move the sector on grid locking? - ✅
5. How i make a mirror?
6. And how i make a sector wall look thick?
7. How i slope a floor to the other side without rotating it's sector? (sorry if it wasn't understandable, but you may know what i mean.

This post has been edited by Duke Fan - Kobi Shapiro: 26 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

1) Huh?

2) First you need to select the sectors, either>
a. Hold down AltGr and drag the mouse cursor to select the sectors (they will be hilighted yellow)
b. Hold down RCTRL, aim at the sector(s) you want to select, hold down ' and tap AltGr to select it. You can select multiple sectors this way by not letting go of RCTRL. ; to deselect.
Press Insert to duplicate, or while having the sectors selected (hilighted yellow), load another map and the sectors will be loaded into the map.

3) Two ways
a. Select the sectors with the method above, then you can press X or Y to mirror the sector in either direction.
b. For proper rotation, select the sectors (or sprite stacks) by just left clicking the mouse and dragging over the selection you want to rotate (you can also hold down RSHIFT to do this). Then just aim at one of the vertices or sprites, hold down LEFT SHIFT and drag with the Right Mouse button held down.

You could also use the mapping questions thread:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__243730

User is offline   Paul B 

What he might mean by the yellow wall is perhaps a one sided wall. Try the <Shift> + <b> Key on the wall. Or just use the <b> key after pointing at the wall with the cursor and toggling the blockable wall bit. If that's not the problem perhaps the yellow walls occur when your selecting sectors using the left mouse button or shift key.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 13 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

1. realised the yellow wall
2 and 3. would try it out!
honorably,
ʞobi Yaakovaiti(Jacobaiti) "Badluck" Shapiro, ʞobi cool 6000

This post has been edited by Duke Fan - Kobi Shapiro: 13 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

Wait, can i move the sector on grid locking?
It's kind of easier when i work on grid locking(usually)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Hit L on the keyboard to toggle grid locking on or off. G and SHIFT G to change the grid size.

it doesn't work for me when i move the sector with the alt gr :/

User is offline   Kyanos 

Moving sectors with grid locking on requires that your initial click for click and drag is nearest a point on the grid that you want, and that you are already at the grid size you want to move to.

Sometimes I've had to move one or two squares then change grid size and move it again in the new grid.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options