Duke4.net Forums: Freedom Planet 2 Demo - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Freedom Planet 2 Demo  "There is one"

User is offline   xenoxols 

Like to website http://galaxytrail.com/
For those of you don't know, Freedom Planet was a 2d platformer inspired by the sonic games. It was much more polished than the sonic games though. It's theming seems to draw more from 90's Sonic promotional material than the games itself, which is fine by me.(Like taking candy from a baby) Freedom planet is one of my favorite games ever, and I'm pretty exited for this. Gave it a quick run through with all the characters, and it's pretty great. Although Milla is totally unfinished with missing sounds and placeholder art.

This post has been edited by xenoxols: 09 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

The original Freedom Planet was only playable if you turned the absolutely awful voice acting off.

User is offline   xenoxols 

View PostLunick, on 07 February 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

The original Freedom Planet was only playable if you turned the absolutely awful voice acting off.

I actually like the horribly cheesy bad anime dub voice acting, which I think is what it's supposed to sound like.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, this game looks fantastic but the protagonist and voice acting guarantee I'll never play it.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I quite enjoyed the first game, so I'm looking forward to the full release of this. The video there is showing Neera Li, who isn't the protagonist, but rather was an unplayable character (was actually a boss) from the first game turned playable in the sequel.

The gameplay of Freedom Planet 1 reminded me of a cross between Sparkster/Rocket Knight, Sonic, and Gunstar Heroes.

As for the voice acting, it didn't really bother me. Some of the voice acting was mediocre/bad, but most of it was passable, and Brevon's voice acting was excellent.

This post has been edited by Striker: 09 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've never heard of this franchise but my god does it look sonic-y for sure.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Some devs on the team worked on Sonic fan game before it and IIRC the engine from that game was used for Freedom Planet. Forgot the name of that fan game though, I think it was Sonic Nexus.

Edit:
Nah, it was Sonic XG (they never finished it though);

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 17 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Man do I wish I could have played that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options