Duke4.net Forums: Underwater doors - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Underwater doors  "Dont know?"

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey i was wondering about something. I need to know if it's possible to have slide doors underwater and are there possibilities for trigger to open a slide door underwater? Let me know! (BTW i haven't explorer the possibilities yet so...)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

My mod has underwater slide doors.
it's easy to make them with switches.

But to push them underwater you may need to make a con editing and an effector that "opens" the door when you push on it.
Cus I don't think you can push a sliding door underwater

Example.

useractornotenemy YOURSPRITENAME
cstator 32768
ifpdistl 1100 { ifhitspace { ifcansee { stopsound DUKE_SEARCH stopsound DUKE_SEARCH2 ifcount 35 { operateactivator xxxx 0 resetcount } } } }
enda

the ifcount is to put a cooldown
stop sounds part is for duke not to make (where is it?) or (ugghh)
something like that

PS the ifpdistl is the radius of the sprite. if you're farther than the radius, hitting space wont work, you can extend the radius if 1100 doesn't satisfy you

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 31 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postdarkcaleb, on 31 January 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Hey i was wondering about something. I need to know if it's possible to have slide doors underwater and are there possibilities for trigger to open a slide door underwater? Let me know! (BTW i haven't explorer the possibilities yet so...)

What kind of slide doors are you talking about? The traditional unnecessarily complex ones, or a simple rectangular sector that moves sideways? Does the door go all the way from the floor to the ceiling or do you want the player to be able to swim over/under it?

If the sector is thin, there's no problem with simply not tagging it as a water sector, the player won't fall to the bottom or anything. The only concern is that they might be able to replenish their oxygen. You could also try having a super thin sector around the door causing it to slide if it's decently thick.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I think he means the sliding one like elevator doors / store door(s).
Here are videos of doors that works underwater.

Sliding doors.

Also that vid where I tested a miniboss has (ceiling doors) that works underwater. Ceiling doors needs a ST 20 but this one doesn't need one.
Sector of it has a lowtag of underwater (ST 2).
Uses the drop/rise ceiling SE and uses the same effector I made with the Con hacking for sliding door that I gave a sample of its code to operate activator(s).

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 31 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Well Micky C and Zaxtor, the door that Zaxtor showed in the third video is what i need. And I need something like you need to open a door from a generator room (up above water) that opens a door underwater. Simple CEILINGDOORS but one with a switch and the other simple by opening.

This post has been edited by darkcaleb: 01 February 2017 - 05:41 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You use the drop/rise ceiling SE 32
You can put a SE 10 for a close delay, it works even for non ST 20 doors. such as SE 32
Speed I use is 512 (because SE32 and ST 20 has different speed system)

Then activator for making it work..
You don't need CON hack for making the switch version.
Is only the "hitspace version" that needs a CON hack.

As for those ceiling doors they have to be opened by default or the SE 32 effect wont work.
So the door will close itself with the SE 10
In my mod by the time we get there they're long closed.

(Hazard) the door will close even if you're underneath and crush you.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 01 February 2017 - 06:58 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 01 February 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

You use the drop/rise ceiling SE 32
You can put a SE 10 for a close delay, it works even for non ST 20 doors. such as SE 32
Speed I use is 512 (because SE32 and ST 20 has different speed system)

Then activator for making it work..
You don't need CON hack for making the switch version.
Is only the "hitspace version" that needs a CON hack.

As for those ceiling doors they have to be opened by default or the SE 32 effect wont work.
So the door will close itself with the SE 10
In my mod by the time we get there they're long closed.

(Hazard) the door will close even if you're underneath and crush you.

Hey thanx Zaxtor! I'll see what i can do and make this work!

User is offline   Zaxtor 

np

So i thought i could ask this down here in this topic. Does anybody know where i could get the code for flying cars and explain a little bit how and where i should put the code because i pretty much a rookie if we talk about con coding so. O yeah BTW the cars are models so just to be sure for what i'm asking!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postdarkcaleb, on 01 February 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

Well Micky C and Zaxtor, the door that Zaxtor showed in the third video is what i need. And I need something like you need to open a door from a generator room (up above water) that opens a door underwater. Simple CEILINGDOORS but one with a switch and the other simple by opening.

You just wanted a door that goes up and down? For future reference you'd get a useful response a lot faster if you didn't use nomenclature that is officially designated as behaving entirely differently from what you wanted Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 03 February 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

You just wanted a door that goes up and down? For future reference you'd get a useful response a lot faster if you didn't use nomenclature that is officially designated as behaving entirely differently from what you wanted Posted Image

Sorry, i have bad habit explaining things for what i need, my bad. All keep that in the mind for the future.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options