Duke4.net Forums: World themed maps pre-20th Anniversary Edition - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World themed maps pre-20th Anniversary Edition  "Duke around the world even earlier?"

Even before World Tour episode someone must have at least tried to build a couple of levels that follow a similar concept. How much user maps setted in globally famous sites or takes place overseas you know?

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I'm not sure, but according to the official DN3D strategy guide, 3DR's had planned expansions to DN3D for Duke to travel the world since DN3D came out, so it's certainly not a new idea.

This post has been edited by Tristan: 19 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

Ok, this idea has been fully concretized years later. But the true point of the post it's to indicate various maps by DN3D users with the same thematic, if there are.

Personally the closest thing I've found it's the "Tamduke" episode setted in a real city of southwest Finland.

The fan fav Roch series of maps by Pascal Rouaud has some that are based on real locations. I forget the specifics, some of the later maps in the series had some stuff based on real places I think. A great set to play in general, if you haven't already.

For stuff in the vein of World Tour's Pyramid and Arena levels, there's stuff like the Turok themed jungle maps made for Duke 3D, and the map called Aztec, etc. There's also the Brooklyn Bridge map by Paul B.

User is offline   NNC 

Secrets of the Acropolis. Built by the team who did "Twin Dragon" for SW or "The Gate" for Duke. You know, those old famous names: Ryan Isenberg, Crista Forest, Matt Harris, Aaron Barber (became a pro later on), Cho Yan Wong etc. The TC has levels of existing structures like the Parthenon, Erechteion. It's not a great TC though. Maps are hard to navigate through, some bad puzzles hinder the flow. The design is top notch for the most parts though.

User is offline   NNC 

Also Petrin is a real lookout tower in Prague, and it had been made into a usermap by Petr Kucera.

Oh, and we shouldn't forget Duke it out in DC. Real places for most of the time.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 20 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNancsi, on 20 January 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Built by the team who did "Twin Dragon" for SW or "The Gate" for Duke.

And Deadly Kiss.

A little embarrassed to have forgotten Secret Of Acropolis that is obviously Duke in Greece and The Gate...

About Duke Out In DC, it's unequivocally in famous places (and I knew that someone would have mentioned) but still inside America territory so definitely not Duke in foreing country. On this trail in particular anyway there are also the"American Assault" episodes whose quality it's medium though.

Searching trough the forum I found this old post where Jblade point out those cute maps by a japanese guy. They are all setted in Japan without doubt.

https://forums.duke4...__1#entry158186

http://www.sam.hi-ho...uda/gamer/duke/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options