Duke4.net Forums: so we will have a 30th anniversary edition? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

so we will have a 30th anniversary edition?

User is offline   pacman 

we got a 20th... why not a 30th?

will we finally get native eduke32 support with perfect multiplayer performance, inclusion of 3d floors like the ones in the new doom ports and with the goodies of the WT port (real 3d, occlusion mapping, bump mapping) and a brand new episode with entire 3d realms crew as they get the ip back? and with new proper enemies that feel solid and not rushed? (solid like the newbeast in episode 4 atomic, NOT solid like the new firefly) and with a proper final boss?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

:lol:

one can only dream right?

and how about 25th anniversary? I dont want to wait 10 years :D

This post has been edited by pacman: 12 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Eduke already has half those things you mentioned; bump mapping, true 3D, TROR.

User is offline   Lunick 

Let's not give Gearbox (or whoever owns the Duke rights in 10 years) any ideas.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLunick, on 12 January 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

Let's not give Gearbox (or whoever owns the Duke rights in 10 years) any ideas.

It's not like the price will increase exponentially for every new anniversary edition.

30th anniversary is small time. We should be looking towards the real milestones!

What do you all want in the Duke Nukem 3D 100th Anniversary Edition?

User is offline   Romulus 

I probably won't live long enough to make it to the 100th anniversary, but I hope gamers of the future will be able to evaluate Duke Nukem 3D for the contributions it made to the FPS genre.

If things will go further the way they are going right now, I think mercy kill would be apt.

User is offline   neznam 

View PostMarphy Black, on 12 January 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

30th anniversary is small time. We should be looking towards the real milestones!

An explicit ending scene in which Duke Nukem dies alone and uncared for watching the big bang theory in his retirement home, thus ensuring that he can't come back for the next $500 anniversary edition.

User is offline   Kawa 

View Postneznam, on 13 January 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

An explicit ending scene in which Duke Nukem dies alone and uncared for watching the big bang theory in his retirement home, thus ensuring that he can't come back for the next $500 anniversary edition.
"Bazinga."

George Costanza himself as Duke's sidekick! Or just hire Jason Alexander to voice a similar character if the Seinfeld rights are too pricey. Or just get somebody to do an imitation of Jason Alexander if he's too pricey. He can make agitated observations while Duke does his thing.

User is offline   Kawa 

I feel dirtier than usual now.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostMarphy Black, on 12 January 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Well, Duke will be really old for this shit by that time. :lol:

User is offline   pacman 

View PostNancsi, on 13 January 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

Well, Duke will be really old for this shit by that time. :lol:

there's always way to keep fictional characters alive... cryogenization of the body, time traveling, cloning...

I wonder what the 1000th year edition will be. If I was a person from the future I would still find the game fun and interesting and fascinating to look at old technology.
Maybe looking at old games like pong is not that exciting but duke3d will still be cool from a retro perspective. also it will be like looking an extremely valuable historical piece of technology. im sure there will be ports for future computers to run games like duke3d. I wish i could live for thousands of years to see how people will react to this game and other fps classics.

This post has been edited by pacman: 13 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

User is offline   NNC 

View Postpacman, on 13 January 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

I wonder what the 1000th year edition will be.

Green flies and cockroaches might celebrate over the extinct human civilization under the nuclear brown sky.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 14 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

I doubt they had computers in year 1000, and even if they did, I doubt ancient aliens would promote Duke for obvious reasons. It would be like a chicken advertising KFC.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostMicky C, on 12 January 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Eduke already has half those things you mentioned; bump mapping, true 3D, TROR.

how to make the original textures have bump mapping like in WT? i dont want to use higher res ones because they dont fit in within the duke3d style

• Weaponized Autism

View Postpacman, on 14 January 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

how to make the original textures have bump mapping like in WT? i dont want to use higher res ones because they dont fit in within the duke3d style

https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8966-/

User is offline   pacman 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 January 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

i have extracted e32wt_20170111.7z inside my wt folder and when i open eduke32 i dont see to select world tour in the list :lol:

• Weaponized Autism

It should work if your World Tour copy has the 2 November patch, which it should have if your copy is legit. Otherwise try the first version.

View Postpacman, on 12 January 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

a brand new episode with entire 3d realms crew as they get the ip back?

Unless 3d realms comes up with a bombshell game(see what I did there), that sells > 1 million units, won't happen.

User is offline   pacman 

View PostHendricks266, on 15 January 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

It should work if your World Tour copy has the 2 November patch, which it should have if your copy is legit. Otherwise try the first version.

my copy is legit and it doesnt work, when I open eduke the WT is not there :lol:

User is offline   pacman 

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 January 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Unless 3d realms comes up with a bombshell game(see what I did there), that sells > 1 million units, won't happen.

I wish it became free, so anybody could make their own episodes and sell them for money, this would incentive mappers to get paid for their hard work. unfortuantely, that is a pipedream, so we are stuck with what we have. i dont see any new maps being developed, workshop is the same megaton maps more or less, no new notable maps to be seen. i wanted more content after WT and couldn't find anything new :lol:

User is offline   pacman 

btw, something i wished that they fixed, is the duke sprite having that same weapon all the time (a weapon you dont even use in the game). i always thought it was a bit lame that when you looked at a mirror, you always had that same weapon. with all the sophistication and little details that duke had, i wonder why they didn't add sprites for each weapon.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options