Duke4.net Forums: 2015 Duke concept art? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015 Duke concept art?

Anyone remember when gearbox showed some concept work on a new duke back in 2015? Randy said they were looking into working with an outside developer for the next duke. Does anyone have a link to that concept work? Was it presented to a private group? Because I can't find it anywhere.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

IIRC, they created some stuff, but didn't publically show it; they want to get a third party to create a Duke game with Gearbox's involvement.
That turned out super well the last time they did it.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Well, CM situation is different. In CM case it was SEGA who wanted third party and it was SEGA who gave Gearbox money, thus it was them who lost all the money and not Gearbox and their hired studio. They had nothing to lose except reputation. Now for a new Duke game Gearbox would have to give third party devs their own money. They likely wouldn't be as careless as they were about CM simply because they would lose their own investment.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Didn't Gearbox contract some 3rd party devs themselves for part of the game? I recall reading that somewhere, then again it might simply have been Gearbox trying to shift the blame of poor quality by changing the focus of attention.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Yeah, they did and I think that's why they got away with stealing SEGA's money. Good thing they lost their reputation at least.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options