Duke4.net Forums: Two Gamespot Threads about Duke Nukem that I thought I'd relay here... - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two Gamespot Threads about Duke Nukem that I thought I'd relay here...

User is offline   LGN-76 

Just wanted to see what you guys have to say on these matters, because I actually have the same views as this guy:

Something about Duke Nukem that's been bugging me...
Duke Nukem's Relevance and Future

If Gearbox would like to gain fans maybe they should read Between the lines, look at what the fans want and not what Gearbox want to do themselves and making a bad decision.

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 23 December 2016 - 03:46 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostDuke Legacy, on 23 December 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

If Gearbox would like to gain fans maybe they should read Between the lines

At this point, I'd rather have them just read between *these* lines:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Richard Shead: 23 December 2016 - 04:29 AM

I can agree on that

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostLGN-76, on 23 December 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

Uggh....."playing Duke Nukem on Windows 4.1". I want to reply and correct him, but I don't want to make a Gamespot account...

User is offline   stumppy84 

Duke can work in these times.. I do agree that Duke needs to be beat down and no one thinks hes relevant in the world.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Poststumppy84, on 23 December 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Duke can work in these times.. I do agree that Duke needs to be beat down and no one thinks hes relevant in the world.

As much as I hype that idea, I don't actually think it's necessary. I think Duke, the real Duke from the 90s, would work just fine today.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Possibly, but I do think that it'll play well with today's PC climate. Like a big middle finger to them all.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Like a Trump election win.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

How many times have I said that the plot elements of Demolition Man merged with Duke Nukem would be the perfect come back for Duke in this modern era?

The Politically Incorrect Badass from the past is put in cryogenic stasis for years, wakes up in a politically correct society where sex, swearing, guns and pretty much anything fun is censored and illegal due to SJWs and the people have no idea how to defend themselves when an alien invasion happens requiring Duke rise up and save the day once again, along the way he restores everything back to the awesome politically incorrect ways they should be.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I wonder how would Duke work in cyberpunk setting.
Spoiler

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRichard Shead, on 23 December 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

At this point, I'd rather have them just read between *these* lines:
Posted Image

Seriously. I've reached Jim Sterling levels of "Fuck Gearbox."

I thought Gearbox wanted money, not fans.

Based on what we currently have, I'd say Randy's more interested in using Duke as a bonus than reviving him. Some say those Tours are meant to build up to DNV, but I can only hope so.

Jon St. John seemed to confirm that on his Facebook when a fan speculated the theory. He replied with "exactly" or something like that so hopefully he and Randy have talked about Duke's future and have something laid out.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I trust John St. John as much as I trust Randy Pitchford at this point. He's an SJW and a talking head who just parrots whatever The Big Bosses™ say, and it's pretty clear at this point he thinks Duke should be "liberalized."

Duke doesn't have any political stance but he does save babes so maybe he's closer to being a feminist? Sarcasm there. I did wish Duke could punch the President character in DNF in the face so maybe they should leave it up to the player to decide what to do with NPCs. I don't think Duke will be "liberalized" or a god fearing Republican either anytime soon.

User is offline   Romulus 

Who says we can't make it happen? Let's make a Duke 3D mod where Duke does kick some sense into the president. I'm a foreigner and it really isn't my business to say this but the States' current president is in need of the mighty boot.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRomulus, on 27 December 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

Who says we can't make it happen? Let's make a Duke 3D mod where Duke does kick some sense into the president. I'm a foreigner and it really isn't my business to say this but the States' current president is in need of the mighty boot.

January 20th, fam!

Which politicians Duke would give the boot to deserves its own thread but I'd love to have more control over the character in the next game. It would be "head turning" to have an NPC who could be with you the whole story - unless you kill him.

User is offline   NNC 

You can say whatever you want, I still say thanks to Gearbox for the 5th episode of Duke3d (not the World Tour port, just the episode with levels and music)... assuming Randy and co managed to get the original staff together, and helped this thing got released. Everything else was a miss by them in the last 5 years, but I forgive them just because of Alien World Order.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options