Duke4.net Forums: Hurrrrr Abuses the Reputation System - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hurrrrr Abuses the Reputation System  "split from the World Tour thread"

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"
  • 538

#1

View PostStriker, on 07 December 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Turn off ambient occlusion. Problem solved.

EDIT: Fuck off "I'm with Hurrr", this is a post trying to help someone out.


I only downvoted because I tried that and it didn't work for me.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Honored Donor
  • 656

#2

 I, on 09 December 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

I only downvoted because I tried that and it didn't work for me.


Along with a ton of my other posts? I'm gonna call bull.

Though, if that really is the case, like ErgoTheChappy said, we're thinking of different things. Disabling Ambient occlusion gets rid of the borderlands-esque dark lines in the textures, and make it look like the vanilla textures+bumpmapping.

This post has been edited by Striker: 10 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

2

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"
  • 538

#3

I guess it comes down to what I personally find to be aesthetically pleasing, but I couldn't find any upside to deactivating AO. I just don't see these so-called blurry textures a la Borderlands(which, incidentally, I never experienced in BL either).
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Honored Donor
  • 656

#4

Clearly not paying attention, then. Now, they're not exactly blurry, but definitely has those Borderlands-like hard dark lines.

Ambient Occlusion ON:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ambient Occlusion OFF:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Striker: 15 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

2

User is offline   ErgoTheChappy 

  • 1,934

#5

 Striker, on 15 December 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Clearly not paying attention, then.



 Richard Shead, on 15 December 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

I guess it comes down to what I personally find to be aesthetically pleasing, but I couldn't find any upside to deactivating AO. I just don't see these so-called blurry textures a la Borderlands(which, incidentally, I never experienced in BL either).

You thumbed him down because his suggestion to someone else didn't fix a problem you didn't notice?

Brilliant.

This post has been edited by ErgoTheChappy: 17 December 2016 - 01:06 AM

2

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"
  • 538

#6

 ErgoTheChappy, on 17 December 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

You thumbed him down because his suggestion to someone else didn't fix a problem you didn't notice?

Brilliant.


No, Mr. Master of the English language, it was because he gave "advice" that in my eyes made the game look worse.
-3

User is online   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 4,722

#7

Downvotes are for bad posts, not posts you disagree with.

Multiple users have made reports that you are abusing the reputation system. We can and will strip you of your voting privileges if you continue.
2

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 184

#8

And who decides what's a bad post and what isn't? In my opinion, downvoting is only good for compensating and poisoning discussions, but if it's allowed here, nobody should be stripped of it. It's not a privilege of a few.

Btw while I had no problems with the post he downvoted, his reasonings were reasonable, and it's easily in the opinion territory, not a just for fun thing. I don't know his other stuff though.
3

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"
  • 538

#9

 Hendricks266, on 17 December 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

Downvotes are for bad posts, not posts you disagree with.

Multiple users have made reports that you are abusing the reputation system. We can and will strip you of your voting privileges if you continue.


In that case, I've been a victim of those "abusing" the reputation system and I haven't reported them.


Bad posts as opposed to posts someone disagrees with? Don't even get me started on how ridiculous that sounds(and is).
1

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 2,112

#10

I've always downvoted posts I disagree with. Since when do we take the voting system seriously anyway?
3

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"
  • 538

#11

I'm the one constantly being called an oversensitive, childish snowflake...by those who are complaining to moderators about receiving negative cyber-karma points from me. SMH
-2

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Busted Nut
  • 3,652

#12

 Nancsi, on 18 December 2016 - 01:08 AM, said:

And who decides what's a bad post and what isn't? In my opinion, downvoting is only good for compensating and poisoning discussions, but if it's allowed here, nobody should be stripped of it. It's not a privilege of a few.

Btw while I had no problems with the post he downvoted, his reasonings were reasonable, and it's easily in the opinion territory, not a just for fun thing. I don't know his other stuff though.

No one cares about your opinion.

So many asses, so little time. Only a tight one can stop me on the dime. I'm a lover of every kind. The best surprises always sneak up from behind. I'm an Ass-man.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Honored Donor
  • 656

#13

 Richard Shead, on 18 December 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

In that case, I've been a victim of those "abusing" the reputation system and I haven't reported them.


Bad posts as opposed to posts someone disagrees with? Don't even get me started on how ridiculous that sounds(and is).


How is downvoting bad posts ridiculous? I downvoted you for inciting drama in another thread (which is a perfect example of a bad post), and you throw a fucking temper tantrum, downvoting a shitton of my posts, even helpful ones, and ones that are completely neutral... such as downvoting posts about CON coding and such. If there's anything ridiculous here, it's that. To top it all off, here you are trying to save face like some snivelling shit when I called you out on your faggotry.

I was just trying to help someone else with a problem they were having, and I gave them what they wanted. It had fuck-all to do with you, yet you downvoted it in your little temper tantrum downvote spree, and now you're coming up with a very weak reason that is rife with the stench of bullshit. Like Weider pointed out, you ended up thumbing me down because my suggestion to another person didn't fix something you didn't even notice in the first place... seems stunningly full of shit to me.

This post has been edited by Striker: 18 December 2016 - 07:32 PM

8

User is online   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 4,722

#14

 Striker, on 18 December 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

How is downvoting bad posts ridiculous? I downvoted you for inciting drama in another thread (which is a perfect example of a bad post), and you throw a fucking temper tantrum, downvoting a shitton of my posts, even helpful ones, and ones that are completely neutral... such as downvoting posts about CON coding and such. If there's anything ridiculous here, it's that. To top it all off, here you are trying to save face like some snivelling shit when I called you out on your faggotry.

I was just trying to help someone else with a problem they were having, and I gave them what they wanted. It had fuck-all to do with you, yet you downvoted it in your little temper tantrum downvote spree, and now you're coming up with a very weak reason that is rife with the stench of bullshit. Like Weider pointed out, you ended up thumbing me down because my suggestion to another person didn't fix something you didn't even notice in the first place... seems stunningly full of shit to me.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
6

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"
  • 538

#15

 Striker, on 18 December 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

How is downvoting bad posts ridiculous? I downvoted you for inciting drama in another thread (which is a perfect example of a bad post), and you throw a fucking temper tantrum, downvoting a shitton of my posts, even helpful ones, and ones that are completely neutral... such as downvoting posts about CON coding and such. If there's anything ridiculous here, it's that. To top it all off, here you are trying to save face like some snivelling shit when I called you out on your faggotry.

I was just trying to help someone else with a problem they were having, and I gave them what they wanted. It had fuck-all to do with you, yet you downvoted it in your little temper tantrum downvote spree, and now you're coming up with a very weak reason that is rife with the stench of bullshit. Like Weider pointed out, you ended up thumbing me down because my suggestion to another person didn't fix something you didn't even notice in the first place... seems stunningly full of shit to me.


*Wieder

Because what's "bad" is a matter of opinion. And your interpretation of my "inciting drama" is rather interesting. You're accusing me of sticking my nose in others' business? Well, what was your business with the EnigmaHood thread where I was merely defending myself from slanderous bullies such as zaxtor and Enigma himself?? You are the one throwing tantrums and acting complete douche over something as insignificant as downvotes which could be much more easily argued as inciting drama.

Quote

faggotry


Nice, a piece of shit who uses anti-gay slurs in his uncontrollable fits of cyber-rage. What a pathetic, disgusting asshole you are.
-3

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Busted Nut
  • 3,652

#16

 Richard Shead, on 18 December 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Nice, a piece of shit who uses anti-gay slurs in his uncontrollable fits of cyber-rage. What a pathetic, disgusting asshole you are.

And here you are being a fucking faggot, again.

So many asses, so little time. Only a tight one can stop me on the dime. I'm a lover of every kind. The best surprises always sneak up from behind. I'm an Ass-man.
3

User is online   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 4,722

#17

 Richard Shead, on 18 December 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Nice, a piece of shit who uses anti-gay slurs in his uncontrollable fits of cyber-rage. What a pathetic, disgusting asshole you are.

Are you not familiar with chan-speak?
3

User is offline   ErgoTheChappy 

  • 1,934

#18

 Commando Nukem, on 05 December 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

World Tour's renderer makes the damn game look like mush a lot of the time. Those "high res" blurry Borderlands textures.

Hurp Durp... what Commando was referring to was the "black lines" that the Ambient Occlusion adds to the scene that is kinda similar to the deliberate black lines added to all the art in Borderlands.The black lines are a critical aspect of the style. The Ambient Occlusion in World Tour is done in a way that it kind of inserts it everywhere... giving a similar result. Turning it off gets rid of the dark lines. A question was asked, an answer was given that precisely addressed the issue, Commando was happy.

Compare with the shots Striker posted above and the comment Commando was making *should* make sense. Well it would make sense if you didn't spend so much time masturbating every time someone down votes you.

The dark lines are so critical that some people put extra effort into getting it into their cosplay...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I've been sitting on those images but didn't want to spam the OG thread... glad this one was created.

 Richard Shead, on 18 December 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

*Wieder

*Wienerhole

This post has been edited by ErgoTheChappy: 19 December 2016 - 12:25 AM

2

User is offline   Clifford the Big Red Deuce 

  • The Original Shitposter
  • 257

#19

 Richard Shead, on 18 December 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

You're accusing me of sticking my nose in others' business?

Posted Image

I LOVE DOOKIE NUKEM !!!! Posted Image
2

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 184

#20

 BlitZ, on 18 December 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

No one cares about your opinion.


Except you. Admit it Blitz, I'm your idol, don't live in denial anymore.
0

User is offline   Zaxtor 

  • 793

#21

He sounds like a narcissist and childish by saying "no one cares for your opinion"

Is not true,
There are people who care and some who "don't agree with it"
I guess his body matured up but his mind did not.

Trequonia TC's Status:

Levels : 86% done - Textures : <99% done - Sounds : 98s% done - Musics : 99s% done
Trequonia's Official website
0

User is offline   Richard Shead 

  • "Dick Nasty"
  • 538

#22

 Hendricks266, on 19 December 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

Are you not familiar with chan-speak?


"Because raw hate speech is commonplace on a certain website crawling with asshole trolls, we'll make it welcome here, too"

Brilliant!
-1

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 184

#23

 Zaxtor, on 19 December 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

He sounds like a narcissist and childish by saying "no one cares for your opinion"

Is not true,
There are people who care and some who "don't agree with it"
I guess his body matured up but his mind did not.


But without him, this forum would be just a Duke Nukem forum. How boring that would be.
0

User is offline   Clifford the Big Red Deuce 

  • The Original Shitposter
  • 257

#24

Posted Image

I LOVE DOOKIE NUKEM !!!! Posted Image
1

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Busted Nut
  • 3,652

#25

 Richard Shead, on 19 December 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

"Because raw hate speech is commonplace on a certain website crawling with asshole trolls, we'll make it welcome here, too"

Brilliant!

But you're still being a faggot.

So many asses, so little time. Only a tight one can stop me on the dime. I'm a lover of every kind. The best surprises always sneak up from behind. I'm an Ass-man.
1

User is offline   Zaxtor 

  • 793

#26

 Nancsi, on 19 December 2016 - 01:10 AM, said:

But without him, this forum would be just a Duke Nukem forum. How boring that would be.


Forums isn't boring.
There is a line at "trolling"
When people attack you, post offensive material then it draws the line.


If they say "faggotry" "fucker" "fuck you" "suck my thingie"
Then is just harmless trolling.

Trequonia TC's Status:

Levels : 86% done - Textures : <99% done - Sounds : 98s% done - Musics : 99s% done
Trequonia's Official website

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 19 December 2016 - 01:23 AM

1

User is offline   ErgoTheChappy 

  • 1,934

#27

 Richard Shead, on 19 December 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

"Because raw hate speech is commonplace on a certain website crawling with asshole trolls, we'll make it welcome here, too"

Brilliant!

You haven't experienced hate speech.

I assure you the moment you come face to face with someone who actually hates you and is willing to tell you how much they hate you as opposed to just try to trigger you for lulz... you won't feel safe talking trash back.
4

User is offline   Jimmy 

  • Busted Nut
  • 3,652

#28

Lines are drawn so that they may be crossed.

So many asses, so little time. Only a tight one can stop me on the dime. I'm a lover of every kind. The best surprises always sneak up from behind. I'm an Ass-man.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Honored Donor
  • 656

#29

 Richard Shead, on 18 December 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

Nice, a piece of shit who uses anti-gay slurs in his uncontrollable fits of cyber-rage. What a pathetic, disgusting asshole you are.

You're talking to someone who engages in acts of homosexuality, faggot.

I'm bisexual, I've been the target of legitimate hate speech (even hate punches/kicks) more than I care to count over the years, and what I'm saying is nothing like that. Your argument is invalid.

Knowing how disgustingly thin-skinned you are, if you were the target of real hate speech, you'd be pissing (and possibly shitting) your pants right now.

Real hate speech is when someone is rallying others to commit acts of violence against people of your ethnicity/sexual orientation/mental illness/etc.
Real hate speech is having someone who you thought was a friend, say that people of your sexual orientation deserve to be dragged out into the street and tortured/shot. (This comes from something I personally experienced.)
Real hate speech is constantly being harassed, despised and shamed for having a physical or mental condition you cannot control.
Real hate speech is when you're being sent threats of physical harm and death, and having an obsessed psychopath stalking you online everywhere you go and doing everything they can to track you down and getting really close. From 2006-2009 I had such a person following me, quite possibly one of the most nerve-wracking periods of my life aside from all the mental and physical abuse I was already dealing with in school.
Real hate speech is when you're afraid for your own safety and that of the people you love and care about. See above.

Also: https://forums.duke4...post__p__268864

This post has been edited by Striker: 19 December 2016 - 06:55 AM

3

User is offline   Forge 

  • 4,048

#30



This post has been edited by Forge: 19 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

3

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options