Duke4.net Forums: Replacing TCs custom weapons with the original ones - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replacing TCs custom weapons with the original ones

User is offline   Anvil 

Is there a script that replaces TCs custom weapons with the original ones?

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

No.

Depending on the TC in question that process can be simple, or complex.

Duke Nukem The Series onYoutube Facebook and Duke4net!
Come Get Some!

User is offline   Anvil 

For example, I want to replace the MP5 from Duke Los Angeles TC, which doesn't have a special code, with the original pistol.
How do I do it without having to copy and paste each and every relevant tile?

User is online   Mark. 

• Honored Donor

I downloaded the TC and checked out the file structure. The author created new .art tiles with the new graphics and compiled them into a new .grp file which he renamed into a .prg file. You would have to rename it back to .grp and then load it into a grp editor program to remove those new pistol tiles and then resave it. Then change the name back to .prg

Thats just for the graphics. I didn't play the TC so I don't know if the weapon sounds were changed too.

User is offline   Anvil 

GRPViewer and Group File Studio can't delete tiles.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options