Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever ANM files - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever ANM files  "Sorry if double posting is against the forum rules!"

User is offline   Duke4Beta 

Hi there guys! Has ANYONE had any luck figuring out the ANM files extracted from Anims.dat/Animdirs.dat in the game files? I've picked at them with a hex editor, and was only ever able to find the event calling the animations.

I would REALLY appreciate the help of a genius mind. :)

Thank you again!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Noesis /supposedly/ will read them in and out. I can't remember if they worked or not. There are a lot of animated models out there for Source or SS3. It might be best to adapt one of them.

View PostTea Monster, on 11 December 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Noesis /supposedly/ will read them in and out. I can't remember if they worked or not. There are a lot of animated models out there for Source or SS3. It might be best to adapt one of them.

Ah yes, I've actually extracted the .dat files to a bunch of "*.anm" files, but have had no luck in getting them actually read.

User is online   TheZombieKiller 

Noesis is only able to extract resources and read/convert the models. It cannot read the animation (*.anm) files, unfortunately. Rich stopped working on the DNF formats shortly after the game's release due to Gearbox very clearly not wanting people to mod the game. Source (see comments).

Ah yes, I've found that out. I guess there has been no continuation on this work? I guess the DNF animations were kind of terrible anyway.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2017 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options