Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever ANM files - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever ANM files  "Sorry if double posting is against the forum rules!"

User is offline   Duke4Beta 

Hi there guys! Has ANYONE had any luck figuring out the ANM files extracted from Anims.dat/Animdirs.dat in the game files? I've picked at them with a hex editor, and was only ever able to find the event calling the animations.

I would REALLY appreciate the help of a genius mind. :lol:

Thank you again!

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Noesis /supposedly/ will read them in and out. I can't remember if they worked or not. There are a lot of animated models out there for Source or SS3. It might be best to adapt one of them.

View PostTea Monster, on 11 December 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Noesis /supposedly/ will read them in and out. I can't remember if they worked or not. There are a lot of animated models out there for Source or SS3. It might be best to adapt one of them.

Ah yes, I've actually extracted the .dat files to a bunch of "*.anm" files, but have had no luck in getting them actually read.

Noesis is only able to extract resources and read/convert the models. It cannot read the animation (*.anm) files, unfortunately. Rich stopped working on the DNF formats shortly after the game's release due to Gearbox very clearly not wanting people to mod the game. Source (see comments).

Ah yes, I've found that out. I guess there has been no continuation on this work? I guess the DNF animations were kind of terrible anyway.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options