Duke4.net Forums: Graphical glitch with sloped surfaces - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Graphical glitch with sloped surfaces

User is offline   Darkus 

There a graphical glitch with heavily sloped surfaces in classic renderer only.
It's mainly appear on the side of the screen when you're close of the sloped surface. Switching between different resolutions don't change anything.

Example with E1L6:

Posted Image

Note: apparently the problem only appear in 64 bit builds, 32 bit versions don't have the problem:

Posted Image

Tested in version 5948, I'll try to bisect later.

User is online   blizzart 

View PostDarkus, on 07 December 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

There a graphical glitch with heavily sloped surfaces in classic renderer only.
It's mainly appear on the side of the screen when you're close of the sloped surface. Switching between different resolutions don't change anything.

Example with E1L6:

Posted Image

Note: apparently the problem only appear in 64 bit builds, 32 bit versions don't have the problem:

Posted Image

Tested in version 5948, I'll try to bisect later.

I´m running r5258 and noticed this issue here and there, too.

User is offline   Darkus 

Done bisecting, I think I found each version when the bug appear:

4593 and 4696 are the last working versions, both 32 and 64 builds (only 32 bits version is available for 4696).

4777 to 5761: the glitch appear in both 32 and 64 builds.

5765 and onwards: the problem disappeared in 32 bits builds, but is still in the 64 bits builds.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Cool, I'll check those revisions out. Thanks Darkus!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDarkus, on 07 December 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Done bisecting, I think I found each version when the bug appear:

4593 and 4696 are the last working versions, both 32 and 64 builds (only 32 bits version is available for 4696).

4777 to 5761: the glitch appear in both 32 and 64 builds.

5765 and onwards: the problem disappeared in 32 bits builds, but is still in the 64 bits builds.

Thanks for looking into this! I've come across it somewhat recently as well in both 32 bit and 64 bit builds, but kept forgetting to mention it. It's great that you've managed to bisect the versions as well.

TX if this helps at all, the bug tends to happen more often on surfaces with larger slopes. I.e the glitch seems to disappear if you reduce the slope a certain amount, not that I've looked into it extensively.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options