Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem HRP models for Xnalara - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem HRP models for Xnalara  "Someone has them?"

User is offline   HMNuke93 

They're nowhere to be found on the net. Someone know where i can find them, or at least how to port the original md3s to Xnalara?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I don't know what format Xnalara uses. Usually Misfit 3D will directly read in MD3s. Also Noesis will convert nearly anything to nearly anything else.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It really isn't that simple.

XNALARA uses it's own file format(s), and it generally wants a skeleton rig for you to actually do anything with characters. Sure, you could important HRP models as static OBJ models, but that would be dull. (That's what the GMOD model pack did.)

The HRP models, aside of the static items, aren't really suited for a posing program like XNALARA. Unfortunately, and I really wish this had been thought of years ago, the HRP models should have been maintained in their raw, unposed and fully rigged states from the various model programs they were made in, so that they could be refined and more easily updated/replaced.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

All the MD3s are saved with vertex animation, so you won't be able to do any new poses for them. I don't know if it supports vertex animation. If it does, then you can cycle through the existing ones in Xnalara.

There was little control over assets with the HRP. There was no central repository where they were complied.

Until the recent release of the Duke and Cycloid models, I never released any of my original creator files as a member of this forum took one of them to a job interview and claimed my work as his own.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options