Duke4.net Forums: Dungeon Siege corner - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dungeon Siege corner

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Have you played this wonderfull action rpg series ? I regret the fate of GAS POWERED GAMES ...

There is the link to a mod that allow you to play the DS1 campaigns on DS2 :

http://siegetheday.org/?q=node/1607

If it helps, I actually saw the Uwe Boll movie In The Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale in theaters, opening day with my friends. Really really funny and quotable. Jason Statham as "Farmer", John Rhy Davies as a wizard, Ray Liotta as a mafia-esque villain who is "king of the krug", good times for the B-movie fan.

(That mod does sound pretty cool btw, nice of fans to do these things)

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 03 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That was an awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful movie.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 03 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

I played through Dungeon Siege 1 at least twice. Even this "end of the world" bug didn't stop me:
Posted Image

I bought DS1 and 2 including the expansions and I also got DS3 from a gaming magazine. Never played DS3 because fuck Steam.

If it helps, I actually saw the Uwe Boll movie In The Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale in theaters, opening day with my friends. Really really funny and quotable. Jason Statham as "Farmer", John Rhy Davies as a wizard, Ray Liotta as a mafia-esque villain who is "king of the krug", good times for the B-movie fan.

The movie is great, just like the first Bloodrayne, Farcry and especially Postal (Uwe Boll's best adaptation, and best adaptation ever with Warcraft and Prince of Persia), too bad Uwe Boll have just stopped making/directing movies a few weeks ago (because according to him the DVD/BLUE-RAY market is dead) !

Farmer (played bu Jason Stahtam) is the character you are Creating/playing in the game,
Norrick (played by Ron Perlman) have the luck to live much longer in the movie than in the game (in the game he die at the very beggining and then you begin to play),
Merrik (played by John Rhys-Davies) seems to have more importance in the movie than you may give him in the game (depending on the fact you hire him or not),
King Konreid (played by Burt Reynolds, who is said to buy his wigs at the epicenter of bad taste) is paradoxal because he play a bigger role in the movie than in the game but look a ruler at the end of the road (just like thepresent french president),
Muriella (played by Leelee Sobiesky) is a fictional/added character meant to be the daughter of Merik (just like the one in Warcraft meant to play Lothar's son),
Elora ? / Ulora ? (played by Kristanna Loken) seems to be the ruler of the Dryads of Ehb (instead of the scribe),
Gallian (played by Ray Liotta) fictional character too, seems to replace GOM (as there is not Goblins, Droogs or Secks in the movie),
Genearl Tarish (played by Brian J. White) have had the courage to go fighting the enemies in the movie (unlike in the game were he simply standed at Fortress Kroth waiting to be rescued with the surviving soldier)

For the mod, it's great at this point even if it's still work in progress (the experience is very close to what you get in the first game), on my side I participate for the french translation !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 03 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

The Legendary Mod have left the beta phase and is now stable :

https://www.siegethe...rg/?q=node/1607

You can see the movie here :

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 15 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I liked the movie. I remember thinking at the time I would have liked it better with unknown actors in the lead roles.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options