Duke4.net Forums: The Good, The Bad and the Hyped 2016 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Good, The Bad and the Hyped 2016

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 December 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

I understand it's your issue, but...please don't compare the quite unoptimized works of Interceptor (relative newbies to the AAA industry) to the fine and very well optimized and refined work id has done with Doom 4. :D

No, no, I do not want compare them at all(I hate comparing games bullshit :devil:), since they're all have checkpoint system and made me frustrated in some degrees and just because I played them. Even good games still have some bad points you know, but it doesn't means I want compare or something silly on them. :lol:

I also forgot Duke Nukem Forever is using checkpoint system and it made me frustrated too in highest difficulty...well, I still like the game, same as Bombshell, DooM 4. Just except RotT2013.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 December 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

Also, just curious, what do you think of the original Dark Forces?

Sadly, still never tried that game so I can't say everything. :(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 10 December 2016 - 12:35 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I ask because it also has a sort of checkpoint system. It doesn't save your progress unless you beat a level. It also has an extra life system where if you die it expends one life and you reappear somewhere close to where you died. It doesn't restore but keeps the game going as if you didn't die so it's a little different than a true checkpoint sustem. But no manual or quick saving.

But it's a great game. My favourite in the entire Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. I'd recommend it to anybody.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 December 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

I ask because it also has a sort of checkpoint system. It doesn't save your progress unless you beat a level. It also has an extra life system where if you die it expends one life and you reappear somewhere close to where you died. It doesn't restore but keeps the game going as if you didn't die so it's a little different than a true checkpoint sustem. But no manual or quick saving.

But it's a great game. My favourite in the entire Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. I'd recommend it to anybody.

If I ever played DF in 1990s, 2000s or early 2010s, I would be OK with that kind of system, but since I still can't save my game whenever I want and still lost my shit when I died(at least I can live with pistol start on somewhere near I died), so frustration may still happens for me...

Well, I just afraid and want to prevent my frustration ruins my good impression on DF so maybe try it later on someday or on source port did changed that shit I guess... :lol:

• The Sarien Encounter

It's not a pistol start after you die. You still have all the same weapons and the same ammo you had when you died and all the enemies still have the same hit points when you were battling them (and the ones that were dead already stay dead). So really it's probably the best of the systems. It'd be interesting if more games were designed around it. A little more "arcade-y" with the extra lives approach.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 10 December 2016 - 09:39 PM

Okay, it sounds better than those stupid checkpoint system in most games...

I guess the only flaw about that is if I want quit the game I have to finish my current level or just give up and restart on next time...and I hope there is no levels like death when time limit reached or forced death traps...and when happens still have to restart the level all over again.

I remembered when I was younger, I did played a Japanese PSX FPS game, it had a level with time limits(15 minutes) and I never beat it and had to restart all over again from beginning of level(no-mid save, not even checkpoints) then my frustration broken out, shut down and taken the game out then scratched the game disc and throw into the garbage can, lost it forever. :D

I won't do that stupid shit again for sure but whoever designed such thing should go to the hell. :lol:

• The Sarien Encounter

You're right.....you have issues. lol

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options