Duke4.net Forums: Best and worst Dukematch Levels in Duke3D? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best and worst Dukematch Levels in Duke3D?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

I'm working on a Dukematch mod for the OldMP branch of Duke Nukem 3D, however, I have hit the episode limit. So, I'm going to condense all of Duke3D's maps down into a singular episode, removing any maps not suitable for Dukematch.

This is where you guys come in, I want everyone to tell me which maps are the best for Dukematch, and which ones are the absolute worst, so I know which maps I should include, and which I should scrap.

This is about official maps, not user maps, by the way.

So far the maps I'm keeping are:
Hollywood Holocaust
Faces of Death
Spaceport
Spin Cycle
Lunatic Fringe
Raw Meat
Hotel Hell
LA Rumble
Rabid Transit
Fahrenheit
Stadium
Tier Drops
It's Impossible
Duke Burger
The Queen

Candidates for removal are:
The Abyss
Warp Factor
Dark Side
Fusion Station
Flood Zone
Bank Roll
Babe Land
Derelict

Up in the air still:
Occupied Territory
Tiberius Station
Lunar Reactor
Overlord
Movie Set
Freeway
Pigsty
Going Postal
Critical Mass

This post has been edited by Striker: 27 November 2016 - 02:40 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Spin Cycle is the most fun I've ever had in Dukematch

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Lunatic Fringe and Tier Drops definitely for the worst.

User is offline   MetHy 

Hollywood Holocaust and Hotel Hell are the most liked / played by pros, due to their 'SoS teleporting' glitches. L.A Rumble and Stadium should be in too I guess.

• Auramancer

View PostDaedolon, on 22 November 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Lunatic Fringe and Tier Drops definitely for the worst.

I happen to like those, and those were made with Dukematch in mind.

I'm not really asking for general opinion here, but more which maps are factually crap for Dukematch, be it layout, size, one-way passages, or poor item placement. Like, The Abyss, and Dark Side for example. Maps that aren't made with Dukematch in mind at all. Ones that would end up with players getting stuck or just taking forever to find one another. There's definitely a few there, but I don't know all of them.

This post has been edited by Striker: 22 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

Almost all of Levelord's "Alien World Order" levels suck for Dukematch. Blum fares better in terms of Dukematch levels.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm pretty sure he can't include the WT maps anyway, big for legal reasons and for all the custom art and stuff he'd need to accomodate.

You could fairly easily remove a large chunk of Episode 2 and 4 maps IMO. They're generally quite "straight path" or otherwise too compartmentalised in layout. Episode 3 maps tend to be smaller in area, more centralised, and "full circle".

IMO keep in e1l2, e2l1, e4l1, off the top of my head.

User is offline   NNC 

Faces of Death, Spin Cycle, Lunatic Fringe, Tier Drops and Prima Arena are designed for dukematch.

From the SP campaigns, Hollywood Holocaust, Overlord, Raw Meat, LA Rumble, Rabid Transit, Fahrenheit, Hotel Hell, Freeway, Stadium and Duke Burger works well for dukematch.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 22 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

• Auramancer

Updated the first post with my current considerations. Let me know if I need to change anything.

This post has been edited by Striker: 22 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Rabid Transit
Fahrenheit

Both are good DM maps, Fahrenheit being up there as one of the best IMO, I like the way the map opens up once all the keydoors are activated, it really changes the flow around the map. Rabid Transit can be fun with 2-3 players, but its a different, more strategic gameplay than most other original levels.

I don't really know which map is bad in a Duke Match but if is like glitching a map, I have to say Duke Burger cause you can break the right side of the map even have one of the spawns trapped in a box and it sucks being in there as well while everyone getting kills.

User is offline   Gargoyle 

Best
Critical Mass

Worst
everything else

• Auramancer

Got a few more maps up in the air, waiting for more input before I either keep or scrap them. See the first post.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

Stuff I've had the most enjoyment in dm?

Tier Drops
Flood Zone
Hotel Hell
LA Rumble
Movie Set
Lunatic Fringe

Stuff that I haven't that much enjoyed in dm?

Any kinda map which has bad connectivity and alotta narrow hallways/less open-ness.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options