Duke4.net Forums: Mapster Color Scheme - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster Color Scheme  "Color Scheme"

Poll: 2D Sprite & Wall Palette Change (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Which version of Mapster do you use?

1. I perfer the new sprite and wall color palette (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. I perfer the classic color scheme. (11 votes [61.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

3. It makes no difference to me. (6 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Paul B 

I'm curious to know how many people are using the latest version of Mapster? I have found the newer versions of Mapster frustrating to use with the strange mouse/accuracy/zoom behavior and most importantly the wall and sprite color palette change. I would prefer to use the latest version to benefit from the latest enhancements, but I find it crippling to have to deal with all the different sprite shade colors and whether a wall or sprite object is block-able or hit-able. Please take the time to answer the poll above.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 17 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is there anything yet to indicate blocking walls? That's a relatively major problem.

User is offline   Hank 

^ The blocked walls are sort of pink-red and visible, at least to me. The updated snapping feature was a direct request from none other than the the mighty Mr. Gray himself.

Mapster32 is constantly updated and it is still fully backward compatible; quite impressive.

I voted: Don't care about the colors. Main thing is that I can work on maps I started 8 years ago.

This post has been edited by Hank: 17 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I've had no issues so far with sprite heavy stuff.
I think the blocking sprites have been the only major issue so far, I recall those not having pink the same way.

What is this snapping feature? I haven't noticed any changes with that yet.
Only annoying change was the removal of simultaneous RMB movement while drawing but that was restored.

User is offline   Kawa 

I'm more concerned about the ability to change texture repeat and offset without a numpad, to be honest. The color scheme doesn't matter nearly as much to me.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostKawa, on 18 November 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

I'm more concerned about the ability to change texture repeat and offset without a numpad, to be honest. The color scheme doesn't matter nearly as much to me.

The cfg file supports remapping any key to any other key--check it out!

User is offline   Kawa 

View PostTerminX, on 18 November 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

The cfg file supports remapping any key to any other key--check it out!
I know this, I use the example KpEnter to Backslash already. I just wouldn't know what to remap the rest to.

Right now, I use picture-in-picture and F8 to manually enter these values, and it's a chore and a half to get right.

It was actually a reference to another post I noticed where it was suggested to give Mapster another interface or whatever it was, sounded like something "not as DOS" as I'd put it.

User is offline   Kyanos 

remap = 08-4B,09-4D,0A-50,0B-48,2B-9C,45-46

That's what I use on laptops, it brings the texture repeat/offset up to the number keys 7,8,9,0. Also KeyPad Enter to backslash, and numlock to scroll lock.

This post has been edited by Drek: 19 November 2016 - 08:51 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

Excellent, Drek! It'll take some getting used to but with the exception of numlock it works great.

Edit: TIL you can use the mouse and modifier keys to pan and scale. FML.

This post has been edited by Kawa: 29 November 2016 - 06:07 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options