Duke4.net Forums: Facts About Duke Nukem You Probably Don't Now From His Story - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Facts About Duke Nukem You Probably Don't Now From His Story  "Facts You probally didnt know about Duke Nukem the Charcter"

User is offline   oldgamerz 

That right Duke Nukem! and his character. here are some fun facts Id Like to share with you coming from the Duke Nukem story line I thought these were good to know facts even though a lot of duke fans may already know the answer to..

1: Question: What is Dukes Military Rank
1: Answer Major

2: Who did Duke Originally work for?
2: Answer: The CIA

3: What was Duke first type of enemies
3: answer: Techbots

4: What Was The First Bad Guy Duke Defeated
4: answer: Dr. Proton and his army of Techbots

5: what were the second enemies of Duke called
5: answer: The Entire Regulations Alien Race

6: What are the third type of enemies Duke faced.
6: Badass and His Army Alien B-stards

7: What Was Dukes Secret Weapon used in the 2nd Duke Nukem game
7: answer his explodo molar tooth

8: Why Did Duke Need to Go Back in time in Zero Hour?
8: answer To Save Earths Present and Future of Mankind

9: What Was the longest vacation Duke ever had to himself according to the entire story line
9: answer 1 year

10: What Was Duke's hand written paperback book called
10: answer "Why I'm So Great"

Who Is a person I would recommend to be another decent voice over of duke nukem
(not related to duke)
My personal opinion would have to be the "Lazy Game Reviewer On Youtube. because he can sound vary close to the kick butt Duke3D original voice Jon St. Jon in his prime not relating to today.

11: these are some questiions I have thought of and answered them according to the story line but there is more but that is your job I said my bit

LGR's Channel
https://www.youtube....=LGR+duke+nukem

This post has been edited by oldgamerz: 15 November 2016 - 05:40 AM

User is offline   Kawa 

"Regulations"? Did you mean "Rigelatins"? :mellow:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postoldgamerz, on 15 November 2016 - 05:31 AM, said:

5: what were the second enemies of Duke called
5: answer: The Entire Regulations Alien Race

6: What are the third type of enemies Duke faced.
6: Badass and His Army Alien B-stards

The aliens in Duke Nukem 2 are referred to as "Rigelatins." Meanwhile with Duke Nukem 3D it's inferred that aliens invaded Earth while Duke was away, and they have been working with Dr. Proton. DNF was supposed to tie this all up.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 15 November 2016 - 08:46 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Where is it implied that Doctor Proton was involved in 3D?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The manual says they're "genetically modified aliens" and the same aliens appeared in DNF. And Doctor Proton was the pen-ultimate boss in DNF. Doctor Proton was the behind the scenes orchestrator of the events of D3D.

• Honored Donor

Still, that's a bit of a stretch IMO. There's nothing to imply that anyone genetically modified the aliens but themselves. Just because Proton was involved in DNF doesn't mean anything either, since anything decided after Duke 3D could simply be changing the story retroactively. Is there even anything in DNF that directly implies that Proton's the one that summoned the aliens? He was trying to fight them off in DNF. You could argue that he summoned them in order to fight them off and be a hero, but it's going to need some supporting evidence.

User is offline   Kawa 

Who did Duke Originally work for?
The CIA
Depends on what you mean by "originally". Going by game order, this is true, but in-universe chronologically he started out in the army.

what were the second enemies of Duke called
The Entire Regulations Alien Race
Again, that's "Rigelatins".

What are the third type of enemies Duke faced.
Badass and His Army Alien B-stards
I'm going to assume "badass" is from the writing in the Stadium level. The positioning would support it, but unfortunately the third boss is named the Cycloid Emperor. The aliens in DN3D as a whole are unnamed, save for Duke calling them "those alien bastards"... which is fair given that they keep shooting up his ride.

What Was Dukes Secret Weapon used in the 2nd Duke Nukem game
his explodo molar tooth
In the introduction cutscene only. You, the player, only get to use various big guns.

In the interest of fairness, I used to think Duke was functionally immortal due to something that happened between him and Dr. Proton. I was young and not very good at English, so I misinterpreted the line "I've already been immortalized by defeating Dr. Proton last year" as such. Between that, using an explosive device in a small space, and the lack of a lives counter...

User is offline   Jblade 

The aliens are called Cycloids, there's some dialogue in DNF by I think Graves which pretty much states this outright. 'Badass' being written on the grass is just a joke, it's not actually the boss' name.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 17 November 2016 - 04:35 AM

• Honored Donor

View PostKawa, on 17 November 2016 - 02:03 AM, said:

In the interest of fairness, I used to think Duke was functionally immortal due to something that happened between him and Dr. Proton. I was young and not very good at English, so I misinterpreted the line "I've already been immortalized by defeating Dr. Proton last year" as such. Between that, using an explosive device in a small space, and the lack of a lives counter...

I was always confused about that as well back in the day. Thought he might have been sealed in some kind of nuclear reaction chamber Posted Image

I'd be surprised if many children would have picked up that he meant it in terms of "immortalized in the history books".

User is offline   oldgamerz 

If you're wondering were I found out what rank duke is in the military. I believe it was mentioned slightly in Duke Nukem Zero Hour when some of the other soldiers once talked to they call Duke a Major in which ironically is usually the last and highest military rank in the US military to do most of the fighting and field work. Given take duke does not like to sit on his butt and give orders instead he loves to kick ass and have action. It is real small piece of information because in order to find this out you have to talk to the soldiers in Zero hour on the N64 first or second level. I forgot it it was either one of the soldiers or the female general that said this because it's been a while since I fired up my N64

User is offline   Kawa 

I don't think Zero Hour is canon. JBlade?

User is offline   Jblade 

DNF showed he was in the military (there's a photo of him in Desert Storm uniform IIRC) but I think it's one of those things that's been added to his character. As far as I'm aware Duke was literally supposed to be an average Joe hired by the CIA in the first two games, it was only really with Duke3D where the EDF appeared and kinda gave him a military background (loosely through The Birth's intro)

Whilst I love talking about this kind of stuff, I think it's safe to say there's no real Duke canon as far as 3DR and all the other game makers were concerned; the main games in the series having happened is probably the best you're gonna get.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMicky C, on 17 November 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

Still, that's a bit of a stretch IMO. There's nothing to imply that anyone genetically modified the aliens but themselves. Just because Proton was involved in DNF doesn't mean anything either, since anything decided after Duke 3D could simply be changing the story retroactively. Is there even anything in DNF that directly implies that Proton's the one that summoned the aliens? He was trying to fight them off in DNF. You could argue that he summoned them in order to fight them off and be a hero, but it's going to need some supporting evidence.

You have to remember the story line got fucked up when Triptych split the game up. Prior to 2009 Proton and the Aliens were working together.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

View PostJblade, on 17 November 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

DNF showed he was in the military (there's a photo of him in Desert Storm uniform IIRC) but I think it's one of those things that's been added to his character. As far as I'm aware Duke was literally supposed to be an average Joe hired by the CIA in the first two games, it was only really with Duke3D where the EDF appeared and kinda gave him a military background (loosely through The Birth's intro)

Whilst I love talking about this kind of stuff, I think it's safe to say there's no real Duke canon as far as 3DR and all the other game makers were concerned; the main games in the series having happened is probably the best you're gonna get.

This is exactly what I always loved about Duke Nukem. He just doesn't have a backstory, no past , no prequels ,no bullshit. He's just there to kick ass :mellow:

User is offline   Kawa 

There was this one fanfic I read once upon a time set before DN1, where Duke goes by a different surname. Yet, he still wears a red shirt like in DN2 and after. He takes the Nukem name after setting off a nuclear explosion in the finale of the story. Then, in the epilogue, his girlfriend messes up the laundry and all his red shirts turn pink.

Which brings me to another detail: many people think Duke wears a pink shirt in DN1, but it's actually a white shirt under a pink vest.

• Honored Donor

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 17 November 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

You have to remember the story line got fucked up when Triptych split the game up. Prior to 2009 Proton and the Aliens were working together.

Yeah I was thinking about that document after I made the post, but couldn't be bothered finding it. Still, on the balance of probability Proton and the Cycloids were never working together in Duke 3D, and anything implying otherwise (is there anything though?) is more likely than not to be retrofitting.

User is offline   Kawa 

Here's something that bothers me now: "Cycloid". The episode three boss, the Cycloid Emperor, has one eye. The victory cutscene makes a point of that, pun not intended.

Assault Troopers, Captains, and Commanders have two eyes, the Enforcers have two eyes... The Pigcops, Fireflies, the Battlelord, Overlord, all two eyes. The Alien Queen, Protector Drone, and Octabrain have three, the Protozoid Slimer none. My point? The Cycloid Emperor and its variants are cyclopes. It makes no sense to assign that name to all these alien bastards. Goddammit, general!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMicky C, on 17 November 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yeah I was thinking about that document after I made the post, but couldn't be bothered finding it. Still, on the balance of probability Proton and the Cycloids were never working together in Duke 3D, and anything implying otherwise (is there anything though?) is more likely than not to be retrofitting.

I'd say it's more conjecture.

As for the Cycloids, I think it's more of an empire structure (hence Cycloid Emperor) wherein the other alien races are subordinate to the Cycloids.

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 17 November 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

But Dr. Proton was cut shortly after the switch to Unreal Engine in 1999. I think the Octaking was the mastermind behind DNF's event up to 2009 (the leaked plot diagram shows that the Octaking was the final boss too).

View PostHMNuke93, on 17 November 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

This is exactly what I always loved about Duke Nukem. He just doesn't have a backstory, no past , no prequels ,no bullshit. He's just there to kick ass :mellow:

I agree, that's part of why I've thought Duke Begins or a prequel in general aren't good ideas. Just let him show up and kick ass, with some hints and further fun little insights into his character scattered around.

Reminds me of a post where somebody mentioned how Friday the 13th fans really don't need an explanation for why Jason keeps coming back. A specific origin and further explanation of some of these kind of characters could dilute some of the appeal.

Ditto for James Bond, just give us the next adventure.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 17 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options