Duke4.net Forums: Troubleshooting Help: Making Joystick (Gamepad) Automatically Activated - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Troubleshooting Help: Making Joystick (Gamepad) Automatically Activated

Hi,

So, I've got the latest version of EDuke32 running Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition. Everything works great except: I can't get the game to use my gamepad (Logitech Gamepad F710) automatically, when I make eduke32.exe skip it's setup GUI.

In other words, if I allow the little EDuke32 GUI to pop-up and I manually select from the drop-down menu "Use Keyboard & Joystick" in the setup menu, then start the game, the joystick works just fine once the game loads.

If, however, I...

* Set the "ForceSetup" (or whatever key that is) to '0' in eduke32.cfg, and...
* Set UseJoystick = 1 and UseMouse = 0 in duke3d.cfg...

... the game still uses a Keyboard & Mouse configuration.

Since I plan on loading EDuke32 from an emulator, where I only want the gamepad to be used, I'd really like to nail down a seamless way to load EDuke32 without getting prompted, that will make the Keyboard & Joystick the controls of the game.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

- Gary

User is offline   Kyanos 

I think you can do it with an autoexec.cfg in root.

http://wiki.eduke32....onsole_commands

in_joystick 1
in_mouse 0

This post has been edited by Drek: 04 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Sorry for the trouble. We've had partially broken joystick support for a long time. I think Drek's workaround should help you. I need to revamp our input system for the Bombshell prequel anyway.

Drek,

Your workaround of adding those 2 lines to a new autoexec.cfg file in the .\eduke32\ base directory worked. Thanks.

- Gary

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options