Duke4.net Forums: Does Gearbox hate Duke? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Does Gearbox hate Duke?

Poll: Does Gearbox hate Duke? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Gearbox is handling the Duke IP as they should be?

1. Yes (2 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

2. No (39 votes [95.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.12%

Would you support a new Duke outing by Gearbox?

1. Yes (8 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

2. No (4 votes [9.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

3. Yes, but I think they should outsource to a more committed developer and only publish the game (9 votes [21.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

4. No, I think they should sell the Duke IP completely to a more committed developer (20 votes [48.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Micky C, that is highly true. I thought Duke felt like everything was a joke and didn't take things seriously.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Totally agree.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Yeah and that was another greatest thing about Duke 3D. His attitude was the main reason why they game wasn't too creepy for me and the game indeed does has creepy moments, Lunar Apocalypse episode especially is full of such moments (the whole game was mostly serious except Duke himself and several jokes/references) and first time I played Duke was on PSOne where soundtrack isn't as dark as in PC version. I also remember the time when I considered all the babes creepy, always thought they were infected by aliens because many of them which looks normal are silent and when you kill them aliens spawn, add to that the way they scream when you kill them or that there is no one on streets besides girls and aliens of course.

Shame that everything in Forever was a joke, I actually think the plot itself was quite good (it's funny how relevant it is today with all this illegal immigration crap, except we don't have Duke who could save us from "aliens").

View PostMicky C, on 02 November 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Your wording implies there isn't one already. Trying hard to forget it eh? Posted Image

Uh, Uh, Uh. Where is it?

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 03 November 2016 - 07:44 AM

A little off subject, but like how the DNF 2001 had Duke and NPCs taking the events of the game serious, but the actual game we got is everyone takes things as a joke. It's like the audience (we the players) would thing their world is in turmoil and we have fears for them, but when you sit and play through it, its like the character's act like the alien invasion ain't nothing and just good around, like they already know from the start of the game and how it'll be just another day in the park or something. It's a deeper message than one might realise and a big WTF moment.

I think General Graves and the President are pretty non-jokey about their lines. Also, that "What are you gonna do; save the world all by yourself?" EDF Trooper and the "Isn't this what we pay the government for?!" NPC are pretty jarring because they're some of the only characters that isn't metaphorically sucking Duke's dick.

Then again, since Duke is the world's biggest celebrity in DNF, isn't it natural for all the other NPCs to hail the king? I'm conflicted.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 03 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostPikaCommando, on 03 November 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

I think General Graves and the President are pretty non-jokey about their lines. Also, that "What are you gonna do; save the world all by yourself?" EDF Trooper and the "Isn't this what we pay the government for?!" NPC are pretty jarring because they're some of the only characters that isn't metaphorically sucking Duke's dick.

Then again, since Duke is the world's biggest celebrity in DNF, isn't it natural for all the other NPCs to hail the king? I'm conflicted.

Take Dan Bilzarian for example. He's pretty much the closest you can possibly get to Duke in a real life person. 99.9999% of the world couldn't care less about him.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

The less interaction Duke has with other humans, the better I like it, with an exception of occasional babes. I'd much rather have another game where everyone is pretty much wiped out or not around, and it's just Duke against the aliens.

I think Dukevwasb serious only one time in DNF where after you repell down the side of the Hover Dam and meet up with two maintenance guts an EDF soldier. The line Duke says "I am the Backup" was about all I took out of DNF. So yeh, something needs to done.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options