Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Xega Bit Corporation - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Xega Bit Corporation

User is offline   ozelot47 

Here is my new map called "Xega Bit Corporation". Compared to my previous map this is a short one. I started with this map back in January and after a long time of no work, I finally finished it.

The Story

Duke Nukem gets a mission from the EDF to bring back a crystal-like HDD which has a huge amount of space and a very high datatransfer-rate. The Company Xega Bit stored this HDD somewhere in the basement area. Before Duke has access to it, he must find a way to deactivate the 5 securitymechanism. The Aliens know about Duke's Plan, so they will do everything to stop him.

Attached Image: hallway.png
This is the hallway where you start

Attached Image: cheese.png
Say, cheese!

Attached Image: basement1.png
This is the first basement level, it is dark here

Attached Image: ohoh.png
There is someone angry

Have fun!

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Jblade 

Played through it, not a bad map - I do think the interior feels a bit cramped (most notably the hallways with the doors that are the same height as the ceiling) but it was enjoyable enough. Nice work!

User is offline   Polunka 

Liked the map, took me about 10-15 mins, found every secret. I found this ride a real fresh-air breath because of the map's relatively refreshing design (not gonna sort this statement out). I also was able to appreciate some innovative (imo) choices regarding sound and graphic FX (use of the subway SFX for the generators in the basement and the glitching TV texture for the wahing machines). Gameplay was fine, some places did feel cramped tho like James has said, but, nonetheless, I enjoyed this. My favorite part was the penthouse apartment section, that was where I felt the design being refreshing to the most extent. Btw, what were those gray clouds flying in circles outside?

Would like to see something else from you, probably with similar design choices. Keep it up! ;)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 30 October 2016 - 05:35 AM

User is offline   ozelot47 

Thank you for playing my map. I'm glad you liked it. The gray clouds should simulate a windy atmosphere because of the height from the penthouse in this building.

User is offline   Polunka 

View Postozelot47, on 30 October 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

The gray clouds should simulate a windy atmosphere because of the height from the penthouse in this building.

Well, that was my actual assumption about them but, anyway, thanks for the answer!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options