Duke4.net Forums: Logan - March 2017 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Logan - March 2017

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You can't go wrong with Johnny Cash's rendition of "Hurt." I'm really excited for this movie. Mr. Jackman's last film as The Wolverine. Oh and Patrick Stewart's in it, too.

Also it has a redband trailer:

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 23 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

Man, I will miss Hugh Jackman as Logan/wolverine, he did a fantastic job and over the years he seems pretty much the best actor for the role. If they decide to have a new wolverine character, I hope they put some effort into who they chose and not do a Terminator Genisys route, that's my opinion.

User is offline   Malgon 

The tone looks very different from past X-Men movies (in a good way imo), so here's hoping they're able to maintain that and really deliver in Hugh's last outing as Wolverine.

User is offline   Kathy 

Lol, red band trailer is a joke.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostKathy, on 24 October 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Lol, red band trailer is a joke.

Yeah, seems more like a message that they're not gonna shy away from language or a little extra violence for Logan's last run, than an indicator of an all-out rated R-fest.

• The Sarien Encounter

Final trailer

Extended Red Band:

I guess Hugh took a pay cut to allow this movie to be R rated.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 20 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

User is offline   Merlijn 

For those who haven't seen this movie yet: go see it! It's a great film.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

My only biggest complaint is that it's too focused on the girl and that she sounds like typical "strong independent womyn who don't need no man". It was like she knew absolutely everything about survival. Why do Americans love to force this crap so much, aren't you tired of this shit already? I know I am.

Also, the movie made me want to setup my old Dreamcast again so I could play MvC2. Actually, I'm thinking about buying Saturn as well (old electronic junk is super cheap in Japan), really loved Capcom's X-men and Marvel fighting games.

• The Sarien Encounter

Isn't it based on a much older story and therefore authentic and not made to be leftist propaganda?

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 April 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

Isn't it based on a much older story and therefore authentic and not made to be leftist propaganda?

Mark Millar stated that Logan is loosely adapted from the Old Man Logan comic series from 2008 which he contributed to. The plot is vastly different but Logan's aging and bleak existence remain the same, and with that in mind those in charge of writing could slip in any messages they may have wanted to.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 02 April 2017 - 06:41 AM

Pretty much, Old Man Logan was an inspiration for the movie, it wasn't an adaptation. Didn't expect that X-23 would be annoying. But this is not even deep message, there is deeper shit like this which I find kinda hilarious, not sure if I can understand what do they mean by this.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 02 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostSledgehammer, on 02 April 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

My only biggest complaint is that it's too focused on the girl and that she sounds like typical "strong independent womyn who don't need no man". It was like she knew absolutely everything about survival. Why do Americans love to force this crap so much, aren't you tired of this shit already? I know I am.

I didn't get this impression at all watching the film. Besides, isn't she meant to have some kind of animalistic instinct as part of her mutation?

One of the few child actors that wasn't annoying on-screen. A big part of it was that she didn't say anything for a significant part of the film. That was definitely the right decision.

I would agree with you if she was at least a teen. But not only she's a literal child, she was better than Logan himself who is supposed to have way more experience in surviving.

• Honored Donor

Except he's old and injured now.

I'm still not seeing some kind of political agenda if that's what you're saying. She's a mutant in a world where mutants are known for being capable of doing far more extreme things that break the laws of physics.

Knew you would say that. :blink: A shame I decided not to add "ib4". As I already said, she's just a child, not even a teen but a child without experience. Plus, mutant logic works the same way for Logan too, you know. I mean Wolverine isn't just some old human who can't do shit and she's just too young in the movie.

Even if there is no political crap there, it's executed badly. They at least could make it so Logan trained her how to survive (that would be pretty interesting honestly) if they didn't want to make her a teen which would work fine as an excuse, but all what we can see is how she suddenly knows everything, even better than grown man who has a lot of experience and I don't have to say who Logan is. Do you find this really convincible? It's odd at best that a man with better survival experience is worse than some little girl who has none at all.

• Honored Donor

Didn't the training happen at the facility where she was raised? The mutant children were meant to be weapons after all. Don't forget how scared the blond bad guy was as she approached; clearly she didn't just figure it all out on the spot.

You mean to the point that she can be better than Weapon X himself? Not even in comics it was so blatant and ironically, in her childhood she experienced plenty of failures. She was much older in the Old Man Logan or especially in All-New Wolverine (and Logan too of course) which I think worked quite well, there it was more believable.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options