Duke4.net Forums: PLEASE HELP: Obscure Duke Item - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PLEASE HELP: Obscure Duke Item  "Duke Nukem Phone card?"

I recently came across a really obscure duke item on eBay; it's a Duke Nukem: Time To Kill pre-paid phone card. I went ahead and snagged it for $11.50. But I cannot find any info about this on the internet whatsoever. The seller didn't even know much about it. He said it was for calling into the tip line for the game and that he bought it on eBay a long time ago. The card's text on the front reads "collectors edition pre-paid phone card". I'm not sure whether this is referring to the card itself or a collectors edition of Time To Kill. I have never heard of a collectors edition of that game. Any info anyone may have regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link to the auction page so you can see the card: http://www.ebay.com/...2928995?txnId=0

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Just a random oddity, a relic of the 90's. It is what it says it is, nothing more. This is before the internet, if you got stuck in a game you needed a book or something, so people started these $2.99 a minute tip lines.

This is quite a bump, and I'm sure the OP is long gone or possibly dead by now, but for the sake cataloguing useless minutia, I've come across the origin of this Time to Kill phone card. It was included as a Sears (at least) exclusive purchase bonus with the game, perhaps only if you used the coupon from this following magazine ad:

Posted Image

And that's the end of that chapter.

Marphy Black, on 05 August 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

This is quite a bump, and I'm sure the OP is long gone or possibly dead by now, but for the sake cataloguing useless minutia, I've come across the origin of this Time to Kill phone card. It was included as a Sears (at least) exclusive purchase bonus with the game, perhaps only if you used the coupon from this following magazine ad:
Posted Image

And that's the end of that chapter.

Woah, holy shit. Thanks for bumping and showing the origin of this obscure thing. I'd been perplexed by it for a while, I was hoping maybe it would be rare or worth something because i've never seen it mentioned anywhere other than this ad. Do you own this cut out? If so, would you be interested in selling it to me?

That picture came from this eBay listing:
https://www.ebay.com...on/253079105197

The seller didn't specify what magazine it came from, however.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options