Duke4.net Forums: Favourite single-player campaign? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favourite single-player campaign?

I've knocked it down to Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition or Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Only a coin toss could really decide the winner out of these two for me.

User is offline   Hank 

Oh boy, my top two.

Quake II and Shadow Warrior (2013)

View PostHank, on 19 October 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

Oh boy, my top two.

Quake II and Shadow Warrior (2013)

Yeah. Quake II I really need to finish that game. Owned it for ages but never finished it. Got Shadow Warrior 2013 as well. Not started it yet. Got through the original Blood and Unreal this year. So many '90s shooters I need to get through.

Replayability is a huge factor to me. It's definitely something I feel modern single-player games lack. Like I complete it, but don't feel needing to return to them. Something like Bioshock or Crysis fall into that category.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I really enjoyed Age of Mythology. Starcraft 2 had one of the best singleplayer campaigns in recent years though.

In terms of modern games, I remember Prey being one of the last great ones. It's maybe a bit too long for its own good, but single-player campaigns seem to be too short nowadays.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Prey lost its way about halfway through, which isn't too far off from where the demo ended.
It went from a really cool unique sci fi story with some funny one liners to a generic sci fi story where Tommy barely ever talked anymore.
I liked it overall, but that first part (particularly the demo) is miles above the rest of the game.

I really like the original Doom and Doom 2 campaigns, so replayable for me.
I like playing through Bioshock every six months as well.
I like Timesplitters 2 and 3 as well, especially how the missions get longer with more objectives when playing on higher difficulties.
The latest Wolfenstein games have really fun singleplayer campaigns as well as the new Doom.
I really like Kingpin and the way the levels were structured (a hub with a bar to get missions and a pawn o matic to get weapons/items, and usually two levels branching off this hub with one being much longer and challenging) The game also had great environment art as well.
Can't forget the Max Payne games, Serious Sam, the Mafia games, Freedom Fighters, Fear, Half-Life series, Call of Juarez games, Darkwatch, I could go on and on (and already have)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Totally Half-Life 2 (and its episodes, I consider them one title even though they're rechnically separate games).

Honourable mentions:

Sonic 3K
Half-Life
Unreal
Dark Forces

I won't list adventure or RPG games because I don't think that's what we're looking for here (which seems to be more action/shooter-oriented games?) I definitely think some adventure games top single player gaming more than any other. Then of course there's The Elder Scrolls and Zelda...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options