Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D reloaded leak - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D reloaded leak  "Does anyone have those files?"

User is offline   Brotendo 

Hello all! I heard rumors that a version of duke 3D reloaded was leaked a while back. Does anyone have that leak? I am currently working on a side project and those assets would help quite a bit.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Posted Image

Excellent

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFrog, on 19 October 2016 - 05:42 AM, said:

Posted Image

Images hosted on VK don't seem to work for me. Try rehosting them on Imgur.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostHendricks266, on 19 October 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

Images hosted on VK don't seem to work for me. Try rehosting them on Imgur.

I just get the full link and open it on new browser window, and it just give VK's HTTP 404 error page for me, so it may got removed or something.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 20 October 2016 - 06:00 AM

User is offline   Wolf 

It's just this:

Posted Image

I can't find any evidence that Duke relaoded has leaked. Source?

User is online   Lunick 

The only "leaks" Reloaded had was me sharing videos of the stream Fred did way back. The game itself has not. People who worked on it have released bits and pieces of assets.

If you can even call it a game in the state it is

User is offline   Ronin 

The only leaks with Reloaded was the shit that came out of the mouths of all involved.

It was something about the link being removed at the request of some guy involved with the project. Ill see if i can find the exact forum.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The sad thing about Reloaded is that it was probably the one chance we had to get modding on a modern engine.

The really sad thing about reloaded is that with a dedicated team, The bare-bones of a Duke game could be re-created in Unreal Engine relatively easily. The only thing stopping people is Gearbox's legal team.

If what we are told is true, then Fred had the one chance of getting Duke modding brought into the 21st century, and he threw it away for politics and personal gain.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Bring Duke modding to the 21st century which may or may not even survive for long or release a game you can get paid for while starting a company

Hmmm...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 20 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

There was a beta version of DNR leaked way back in April of 2011, however it was very quickly removed at the request of Fresch.
I've tried for a very long time to find it somewhere, since I'm pretty curious about what was there, and I do know somebody who has it, but he doesn't want to give it out (understandably).

The thread where it was leaked is here: https://www.betaarch...pic.php?t=18324

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

While Fred seems to like old-school games in general, it's a shame they didn't give the licence to someone who specifically likes Duke 3D in particular above all others.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The license was a ruse from the beginning.

• Honored Donor

Probably, but I'd wager a bunch of people here would somehow have found a way to stick it to Gearbox.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

The way it was written, was that it gave permission to produce the game, but release pended on Gearbox's approval. It was a ruse. "I'm saying yes but I really mean no."

• Honored Donor

Yeah but what if there's a rebel here with nothing to lose that simply dumped it on a website? Once it's out there it's nearly impossible for Gearbox to take it down.

Then again you probably wouldn't be able to release any mods for it which is one of the big reasons for having it in the first place.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMicky C, on 21 October 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yeah but what if there's a rebel here with nothing to lose that simply dumped it on a website? Once it's out there it's nearly impossible for Gearbox to take it down.

Then again you probably wouldn't be able to release any mods for it which is one of the big reasons for having it in the first place.

It was UDK and you could use that. That was the way they planned modding support if it was released officially: download UDK and use that.

I can only tell from what Interceptor said, though. I once had the build (officially) for a multiplayer night (which I won, btw), but deleted it before looking into the files and stuff, as I thought at that point development will continue.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 21 October 2016 - 10:17 PM

User is online   Lunick 

I'm not sure people would want to "mod" something so very unfinished either.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostLunick, on 21 October 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

Yeah, it would be easier at that point to start something from scratch. Although a lot of new lines from John were spoken for it. They would be of use.

At that point I was disappointed with the way the lines were spoken. Now I know that that's the way he does Duke nowadays (see WT).

EDIT:
Now that I think of it ... they were all rerecordings of DN3D-lines. Could it be Gearbox telling Interceptor: "Look how supportive we are. We even rerecord the DN3D lines for you. ... Hey, psht, don't tell them that we will use the lines ourselves down the line for a re-release of DN3D"

Just a thought, though. No evidence or anything like that.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 21 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostLunick, on 21 October 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

I was referring to whether anyone would be able to mod something that was released illegally.

Im not planning on "modding" or even using that build of Duke reloaded. I simply want to extract the models. I've already began my project on Unreal 4.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Enjoy your cease and desist good buddy!

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 23 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

At this point there is no evidence that I or anyone else have even done anything and it is going to remain that way. Don't know what you think is going to happen

This post has been edited by Brotendo: 24 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

I'm all for a fan made Duke game in UE4 done in secret but unless it was really kept quiet it'd get shut down.

Well if such a project were to exist, it'd probably get leaked onto a Ukraine file hosting server anonymously once the first episode was completed. But that'll most likely never happen. We can dream though

This post has been edited by Brotendo: 24 October 2016 - 01:00 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostHiPolyBash, on 24 October 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

I'm all for a fan made Duke game in UE4 done in secret but unless it was really kept quiet it'd get shut down.

Then for all we know, it's already happening... ;)

User is offline   neznam 

View PostMicky C, on 21 October 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yeah but what if there's a rebel here with nothing to lose that simply dumped it on a website?

No one wants to suffer real life consequences for some computer game. Huffing and puffing about Gearbox aside, no one cares. That's why this'l never be found, that's why that old beta stuff everyone was kissing Fred's feet over a while back will never see the light of day, etc, etc...

If there was a secret Duke game being made that'd make my pants drop...unless it was terrible..it still surprises me that people announce their blatant infringement of IP instead of working on things in secret and releasing it all when its done. I'd be all for a fan made Duke game in a modern engine and if anyone was doing it they should keep it to themselves and just drop it and the SDK at the same time all around the net. Too late to stop it then.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options