Duke4.net Forums: [REL] The Dreamwell Enigma: Barlington Estate (for BLOOD) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[REL] The Dreamwell Enigma: Barlington Estate (for BLOOD)  "BLOOD User Level Release"

User is offline   quakis 

Requires Plasma Pak / OUWB

Story:
Explore Master Barlington's estate, also home to his exclusive gentlemen's club including some prominent figures of the area, owners of influential businesses; Cobbleson & Son's Crimson Brewery, Leroux's Médaillon Bathhouse, Ashford's Bank and Trust, etc. Strange activities have been taking place at the estate and these men are likely involved. Rumours also spread about a new religious cult forming and gossip regarding Barlington's mental health as of late. Sudden disappearances have been reported surrounding the area, but no concrete evidence pointing to the club itself. What secrets are they hiding? Break inside, rummage around, seek documents and discover the truth, no matter how far you must dig to find it.

Intended as an introductory level for a short series I have in mind, there's themes I'd still like to try out so haven't quite finished tinkering with Blood just yet.
Blood mapping has been an incredibly fascinating experience and a nice change of pace, especially how much Mapedit functions differently compared to Duke3D.

DOWNLOAD

SCREENSHOTS

Posted Image Posted Image
Installation if running Blood via DOSBOX (ex: GOG Release);

# Edit "dosboxBlood_single.conf"
# Replace BLOOD.EXE with DREAMW1.BAT (Remember to change it back later)
# Your shortcut for "One Unit Whole Blood" should launch with "The Dreamwell Enigma" selectable via main menu

There's probably better methods, but this is quick and easy.

Known Bugs/Problems
> Beware entering through doors during their opening/closing phase or risk either dying or pushed into areas you shouldn't be in yet. Attempted to fix the latter with no success, mostly due to sector over sector.
> Minor visual glitch when crossing doorways due to doorframes. Should not affect gameplay besides a strange hitch.
> Framerate drop outside due to interior complexity/overlapping sectors, but shouldn't become a problem indoors or during combat. Primarily focused around the front entrance.

User is offline   Polunka 

Hawley mawley! RIght as I've installed my One Unit Whole Blood copy from GOG for the sake of ole' memories! Downloading! ;)

Thanks for this .
Will it work on UK version of Blood ?

This post has been edited by gerdabutterchops: 18 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

User is offline   quakis 

So long as your copy of Blood is up to date with Plasma Pak installed there shouldn't be any problems afaik.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I don't even have Blood right now so I can't try this, but you already won the award for Most Intriguing Map Title 2016.

User is offline   MetHy 

Good stuff!
Nice little improvements over the beta version if you ask me.

User is offline   Jblade 

Just played it, a very solid Blood map - I enjoyed the nice little touches like the readable books and the puzzle; the layout of the house is very impressive as well and you made good use of all of Blood's features. Definitely hoping you do more.

Well, so I'm stuck at the puzzle! Can someone spoil it for me? I've been trying to solve it for like 1 or 2 hours, still no go. I think it must be somehow linked to those 4 words inscribed in the wall and the solution should be the respecting symbolic representations of those words. I can't stop asking myself, "Am I really that dumb?", but this is hardly helping the case. The puzzle itself is a neat feature if you ask me, but I just wanna go further thru the map already. So far I've come up with this (see the spoiler):
Spoiler

So if you're not hesitant, please someone spoil it for me!

P.S.: I'm kinda ashamed tbh.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 19 October 2016 - 05:00 AM

User is offline   quakis 

One of my testers has similar trouble with the puzzle, so its understandable. I'll provide some hints below;

Hint 1:
Spoiler

Hint 2:
Spoiler

Hint 3:
Spoiler

Solution:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by quakis: 19 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

View Postquakis, on 19 October 2016 - 06:18 AM, said:

One of my testers has similar trouble with the puzzle, so its understandable. I'll provide some hints below;

Hint 1:
Spoiler

Hint 2:
Spoiler

Hint 3:
Spoiler

Solution:
Spoiler

Well, actually
Spoiler

Thanks very much, man. The puzzle is even more complicated than I thought but definitely is a clever one! Also, I like how you're using even these seemingly subtle details as supporting elements in the creation of the setting (like Master Barlington's poor memory thing you mentioned). They make the environment even more immersive and the level more beckoning to play further!

P.S.: A shame I can't continue playing it now but can't wait to resume.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 19 October 2016 - 07:24 AM

Great level, really well balanced (on 3rd diff level, at least), some great details (loved the plates in the sink or the trolley with the glasses near servant's house). Can't wait for the another one in the series.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options