Duke4.net Forums: BUILD Games Timeline - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BUILD Games Timeline  "When did it happened?"

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postoasiz, on 01 November 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

but SW has a bit superior ROR

Really? My experence with SW's RoR was very frustrating, limited (it's more about doing what the game lets you get away with rather than doing what you really want with RoR), and the end result is easily laggy.
I haven't actually tried it but it seems to me that Blood's RoR is in theory easier to build, allows for a lot more, and lags less.
The RoR in Blood's E1M1 for instance, when you blow up the wall of the building entrance, I can't imagine doing something similar in SW, and it would be incredibly laggy in comparison. The closest to that example SW has would be when they use RoR to build roofs to buildings you can enter, and even then it's made smaller and it's built to only work one way (you can see the top of the building through ror, but it's not a playable area and if you actually went up there you wouldn't be able to see the lower floord)

This post has been edited by MetHy: 01 November 2016 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

The ROR in SW is super painful to build, not recommended to anyone.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Blood's ROR has glitches like shadows appearing between the floor portal, there are some other minor quirks too. I'm not talking about 100% better but there are some advantages to SW's implementation too. I guess both have their ups and downs.

User is offline   MetHy 

An interesting question would be how does Rides Again's RoR compare to those.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options