Duke4.net Forums: Y'all clogging up the World Tour thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Y'all clogging up the World Tour thread  "Split from Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour"

[edit: This topic really shouldn't exist, if you're reading this please turn back and escape while you still can]

Is bang1 the sound that plays when your car crashes at the beginning of Hollywood Holocaust? I forget.

If you have a properly re-named PSX wav set, could you post that? Would save me some work, since I'm using PSX wavs to replace World Tour audio. Also not sure if you mean a pack for eDuke or World Tour, or both, I'm interested either way. ;)

By the way, can eDuke read .wav files?

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 October 2016 - 04:22 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

>wondering why just renaming file types causes random issues
>not knowing how to write a batch command rename script
>seriously thinking eDuke can't read fucking .wav files

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 15 October 2016 - 11:27 PM

eDuke hasn't been able to read pistol.wav files I've put in the directory etc, who knows. You're a peach Jimmy.

For the record renaming file types has not caused any issues. You see, in World Tour if you don't have a pistol.ogg it'll say "pistol.ogg missing" when you fire. But if I just rename a nice pistol.wav from N64 or PSX to pistol.ogg and put it in the World Tour sound folder, it plays. So that's a case of renaming an extension working, not havign to re-encode it or anything. Since I guess World Tour can read wavs too, which is nice.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 October 2016 - 11:29 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

.wav is the most basic sound file type there is. EDuke32 has been able to read them since it's inception. Duke3D could read them in 1996.

It says pistol.ogg missing because you need to redefine the sound in USER.CON as pistol.voc or pistol.wav or whatever.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 15 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

I know what a .wav is, but I've made several topics detailing various issues I've been encountering. So just covering my bases. If eDuke is supposed to read .wav file sound replacements (and without needing a further def file etc), it's not working for me for whatever reason.

I figured you may need con/def stuff, I made a how to topic asking about that a few days ago. So, since eDuke can read .wavs, I guess there was no need for NightFright's PSX pack to have been converted to .voc like it was.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 October 2016 - 11:32 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I can guarantee you the problems you're experiencing are user-related.

Then fix em, hot shot. It doesn't sound like you really kept up with the various things I've described anyway. ;) I dare you to help me out, jerk face.

I extracted the stuff into the autoload folder as described, what could have gone wrong. And if something could have gone wrong, figuring out what it is is the point of releasing a thing and having people talk about their experience with the thing, to try to help people use the thing you made.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I really don't feel like helping the mentally deficient, and judging by the age of those threads, nobody else on Duke4 does either. I've been modding Duke Nukem for over 16 years. You're troubleshooting some of the most basic stuff. Sit down and read the eDuke Wiki and use that cold sponge you call a brain to do some critical thinking.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 15 October 2016 - 11:37 PM

That was rhetorical/humorous Jim, I knew you weren't going to do something fruitful. Your hobby is talking silly smack to strangers to make yourself feel better, other people enjoy helping people out with entry level tech stuff. I've answered plenty of people's questions on stuff online over the years.

Really, in general you might as well just scroll past my posts Jimmy, it's silly the schoolgirl crush you have on me.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 October 2016 - 11:38 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

PsychoGoatee, if you act condescendingly to Jimmy, then Jimmy will act like Jimmy to you.

Computer programs interpret files with different extensions as different files. Eduke won't read pistol.wav like it was a replacement of pistol.voc. USER.CON contains the list of file names Eduke looks for, so you have to change that. Got it?

This post has been edited by Fox: 16 October 2016 - 12:58 AM

Did you read the thread, Fox? I was posting questions and observations about tech stuff, he came right in insulting as always. It's odd that you'd think it was the other way around. And yesterday he was saying I was a corporate shill. And a while ago he told me to get cancer, etc. I was standing up to a bully, not the other way around.

Thanks for the tech thingy anyway, though I did know about con/defs etc, I mentioned that I tried making some. I just don't know how to do them properly.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 October 2016 - 01:14 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

This isn't the right thread to be talking about how to replace game files and get them working, especially when it's not even specific to World Tour. It would make more sense to post in the modding forum.

The thing in question was posted in this topic though (NightFright's pack), and some of the stuff being discussed is modding World Tour itself. I did mention I'd be happy to discuss it in other topics.

Should World Tour audio packs go in here, or in a separate topic?

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 October 2016 - 01:18 AM

User is offline   Fox 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 16 October 2016 - 01:12 AM, said:

Did you read the thread, Fox? I was posting questions and observations about tech stuff, he came right in insulting as always. It's odd that you'd think it was the other way around. And yesterday he was saying I was a corporate shill. And a while ago he told me to get cancer, etc. I was standing up to a bully, not the other way around.

You make me feel like a kindergarten teacher.

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 16 October 2016 - 01:17 AM, said:

The thing in question was posted in this topic though (NightFright's pack), and some of the stuff being discussed is modding World Tour itself. I did mention I'd be happy to discuss it in other topics.

Should World Tour audio packs go in here, or in a separate topic?

Let's make a seperate thread. Something like "Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour Modding".

View PostFox, on 16 October 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

You make me feel like a kindergarten teacher.

You're wrong, I'm guessing you're friends with Jimmy which is why you're being biased and I won't hold it against you. Actually screw that, I'm holding it against you. I post positive stuff, I'm often one of the people keeping this place alive, I do what I can to be positive and fun around here. I post positive things about everybody's maps, I show interest in everything. It's people like Jimmy, and posts like yours supporting him, that are a big damper on the quality of this forum.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 October 2016 - 01:40 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

In various respects, all of us are right. PsychoGoatee is right that Jimmy came out being very insulting, Jimmy was right that the problems were almost certainly user-error related, Fox was right that Jimmy will act like Jimmy.

And I was right that this is the wrong thread.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDr_Proton, on 16 October 2016 - 01:25 AM, said:

Let's make a seperate thread. Something like "Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour Modding".

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 16 October 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

You're wrong, I'm guessing you're friends with Jimmy which is why you're being biased and I won't hold it against you. Actually screw that, I'm holding it against you. I post positive stuff, I'm often one of the people keeping this place alive, I do what I can to be positive and fun around here. I post positive things about everybody's maps, I show interest in everything. It's people like Jimmy, and posts like yours supporting him, that are a big damper on the quality of this forum.

This isn't even modification talk. Can you guys take this elsewhere?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I post positive things about everybody's maps

I'd advise to only post positive things where it's applicable.

User is offline   MetHy 

And I advise posting negative critical comment when applicable as well, and to not take them personally.

Now stop clogging the thread with your flamewar, it's 66 pages, it doesn't need this.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 October 2016 - 01:59 AM

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

View PostMetHy, on 16 October 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

And I advise posting negative critical comment when applicable as well, and to not take them personally.

Now stop clogging the thread with your flamewar, it's 66 pages, it doesn't need this.

Could you tell Fox to behave?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Oh, you guys.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 14 October 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

You don't have to be paid to be a forum shill.

Sorry, had to.

I'd rather be a muppet (Dr. Teeth of Electric Mayhem is my fav), being claymation would be trippy though

(edit: ah they are puppets, in the small window it looked kinda like claymation. )

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 October 2016 - 03:02 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You don't get to decide what is good and bad for this forum. This is your problem, you're a cocky little shit and you can't even figure out how to replace sounds in one of the easiest games to modify there ever was. You think you draw water here because you're nice but nobody gives a fuck. Contribute some actual content and then come back to the table.

Good luck with your problems Jim. I see you don't like even an ounce of your own medicine, think about how your shitposting over the years works.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You're projecting.

User is offline   Fox 

Posted Image

Squidward's Sexy Time

By: Kill-of-la-Hill

It was another day in Bikini Bottom, and Squidward was playing his dildo
clarinet. He removed it from his ass and began to make horrid music with
it. Outside, someone was annoyed.

"Hey, could you keep it down? I'm trying to enjoy a walk on this day!" a
generic background fish said.

"Well sorry that I'm trying to enjoy my Sunday pleasure!" Squidward
angrily replied.

Squidward got back to playing, but he started to choke on the crap that
was on his clarinet. He then heard a knock on the door. The knock had
startled him so much, he swallowed the crap and tried to prepare
himself. He placed his clarinet off to the side, and hurriedly put on a
shirt as he ran to the door. It was Spongebob. Squidward didn't know
why, but he was glad to see Spongebob today.

"How's it going, Squid buddy?" SpongeBob asked.

"Heh.. pretty good!" Squidward awkwardly responded.

Squidward looked down. His boner was getting pretty big. The next thing
he knew, it was poking SpongeBob's eye.

Squidward was expecting a negative reaction, but instead SpongeBob was
amazed.

"Squidward, I didn't know you had a seventh tentacle!" SpongeBob
joyfully cheered.

"That's not a tentacle! It's my…"

"Your what?"

Squidward was afraid to confess. He felt that SpongeBob was too
innocent. Squidward felt he should tell the truth, especially now that
he had gotten to a point where lying was nearly impossible.

"It's my penis!" Squidward shouted.

Posted Image

"Well why didn't you say so! I have 47 holes on my body!" SpongeBob
replied. "We could become fuck buddies!"

Squidward wasn't sure how he should feel. Up until now, he had felt that
SpongeBob was an innocent, childlike being, only now to learn that
SpongeBob was rather excited at the fact that Squidward and him could
have sex.

"Well… it depends… do you want to… you know… get intimate?" Squidward asked.

Remember kids. Always ask for consent before sex. Also, if you are a
kid, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU READING THIS FANFIC? GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE
THINGS GET UGLY!

Anyway, back to writing.

"Well of course I do! Just let me get ready," SpongeBob said.

Patrick's rock opened, revealing Patrick drinking a soda. He did a spit
take as he saw SpongeBob taking off his pants and Squidward putting on a
condom.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Patrick yelled.

"Patrick, Squidward and I are about to have sex! Do you want to join?"
SpongeBob said to Patrick.

"Why of course I'm in for a threesome! I didn't want to wear pants today
anyway!" Patrick responded.

Alas, the trio had been formed. All were glad, smiling, and pantsless.
Squidward invited them all inside, where they all got onto Squidward's
bed, and rapidly fucked each other. Heck, it wasn't even just on the
bed. The ended up fucking all over the house. Squidward wondered though,
how many of SpongeBob's holes could he stick his penis in at once?
SpongeBob and Squidward agreed to the challenge, and Squidward began
attempting to fuck all of SpongeBob's 47 holes at once. He started by
putting his extra "tentacle" in SpongeBob's mouth, and looped it around
several of SpongeBob's other holes. However, Squidward got a boner, and
his penis snapped.

The next day, Squidward woke up in the hospital. Dr. Gill Gilliam,
SpongeBob and Patrick were all standing around him.

"What's going on?" Squidward asked.

Dr. Gill Gilliam responded. "Your penis got horribly fractured yesterday
when you and SpongeBob were playing sex games. We tried to see if we
could replace it, but no one was willing to donate any inches, so we had
to do what we must. We had to give you a vagina instead."

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 15 October 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

eDuke

Capital E.

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 15 October 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

So, since eDuke can read .wavs,

EDuke32 is picky about what wav subtypes it will read. It's something we inherited from the DOS days and no one has bothered to deal with it more.

Just use FLAC.

I'm often one of the people keeping this place alive,

;)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options