Duke4.net Forums: Why have I been barred? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why have I been barred?

Earlier today I was updating the HRP via SVN and it crashed with a user rights problem whilst updating and now I can't access the duke4.net site or eduke32 or the SVN. The sites just time out.

However, if I switch to accessing the Internet via a MiFi (same company but different ip address) I can access this forum (this post being evidence). What's going on?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Perhaps the website has an IP range ban that your provider somehow falls into?

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 06 October 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Perhaps the website has an IP range ban that your provider somehow falls into?

Well I guess that's possible, but all was working well, then the SVN update suddenly stopped in mid-flow and then I could no longer access duke4.net or eduke32.com. Strangely I can ping both sites having used nslookup to get the ip address.

My account with my ISP hasn't got any sites blocked etc. on, so I'll check my router hasn't blocked the site for some bizarre reason. I can access both sites just fine via my MiFi hot spot. which is connected to the Internet via the same ISP/mobile provider.

View PostCaptain Peacock, on 07 October 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

Well I guess that's possible, but all was working well, then the SVN update suddenly stopped in mid-flow and then I could no longer access duke4.net or eduke32.com. Strangely I can ping both sites having used nslookup to get the ip address.

My account with my ISP hasn't got any sites blocked etc. on, so I'll check my router hasn't blocked the site for some bizarre reason. I can access both sites just fine via my MiFi hot spot. which is connected to the Internet via the same ISP/mobile provider.

Looks like whatever was caising the problem has now been fixed. I can access the site and SVN no trouble at all now. I wonder what caused the problem.

Weird!

If anyone on this site did something to fix the problem, grateful thanks!

This post has been edited by Captain Peacock: 08 October 2016 - 03:58 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options